Thread: Strange heart beats and dizzyness

Strange heart beats and dizzyness

I know there are so many of us out there who experience these and you've probably had a million posts like this so I'll apologise now

I have experience panic attacks previously and had all the health checks going and thankfully I've been attack free for a good 6 months now

However, Friday night I felt utterly drained and went to bed early. I was laid on my left hand side and suddenly felt a strange feeling in my chest, I can describe it, not painful or uncomfortable, just strange. So, I took my pulse and could feel my heat beating at a normal rate but all of a sudden it beat twice really quick, paused and then started beating normally again. This pattern continued for about 15 minutes. While I was getting this I felt a hot wave go right through me and my face went bright red!! As soon as the irregular beats stopped and my heart was beating normal, all the other symptoms disappeared. The strange feeling in my chest stopped and the hotness went too.

Afterwards I felt totally drained and shaky. I have to stress that through all this I didn't panic or even get a butterfly, (think my body had trained itself not to freak anymore)

I woke yesterday and felt fine. Had a long walk today, all uphill and bang, out of nowhere while sat watching TV I could feel the wierdness in my chest again and just new what my heart was doing. And sure enough, the same symptoms for about 5 minutes this time.

I'm sat here now feeling like I've run a marathon and feel shaky.

I don't think this is a panic attack as I feel great at the minute and don't really have any more worries than is normal in this life.

I know they are harmless but it just doesn't feel normal and I wonder if this could be something like a problem with my thyroid as the symptoms seem to fit but I had this tested for a couple of years ago when I started with palps and panic attacks.

Anyhow, sorry for the long post but I feel better just getting it all down. Any suggestions or similar symptoms would be great to hear. Would be nice to know I'm not going mad or in immediate danger! LOL X

Re: Strange heart beats and dizzyness

I don't think you're going mad

As it's been some years since you've had tests, and you are sure neither incident was related to anxiety, it might be best just to mention it to your Doc.

thanks for replying to my post! What your describing sounds just like classic ectopics and although you think you are not panicking your body will get adrenalin rush with any symptom that makes you feel odd - I get vertigo due to neck problems and even though I know it only lasts seconds or mintues I always always get a adrenalin rush with racing heart then rushing to the loo after it - Dr said these sort of symptoms always do this even in someone without health anxiety.

As its two years since you had your thryoid checked it would be worth having this done again as alot can change in 8 weeks with thyroid let alone two years but nothing to worry about just go and explain and ask for it to be checked again if they don't suggest it themselves. I have underactive thryoid for past 20 odd years and get mine checked every 6 months to make sure I am not taking too many tablets.

Have you noticed that the ectopics only happen when you are at rest
    I worked this out 15 years ago and one Dr said good way of stopping them is to do some exercise - taking a deeop breath then coughing hard often stops them this is what I have to do every time I get the flutters.

Thanks so much for the replies! I know I'm not alone in these horrible things but its still reassuring to have people who can sympathise with you.

I have noticed that I get them at rest only, but recently I have started introducing exercise to my lifestyle. I never get them during or even the same day as exercising but its a great excuse to stop the aerobics!

I am keeping up with the keep fit though as I figure if I don't get them during workouts then my heart can't be in all that bad shape. Surely if there was something really wrong, my heart wouldn't cope with running around like a mad women.

Thanks again guys and hope you have a great day

Thread Information