Thread: New User

New User

Hi, I am day five into taking propranolol and want to pick your brains please.

Has anyone found it has made their symptoms worse? When the medication wears off the adrenal feeling in my hands and feet is worse than before and the constant pins and needles too. Because of this I am starting to obsess over it a little. While this med gets into your system are you adrenaline chemicals all over the place?

Any experiences and advice would be great. When I take it first thing it is good but after it is annoying.

Thanks

Re: New User

Hello. Propranalol has helped me. I too have noticed some pins and needles in my hands as it wears off, but that is outweighed by the benefits.

As with most meds, it takes time to reach a beneficial therapeutic level in your body. If I were you I'd give it longer then see your Doc if you are still not certain that it's right for you.

Ok thanks. How long will it be beforw the drug is working in my system 24-7? In taking 80mg slow release.

I'm wondering this also as my poor mum has been taking 10mg 3 times a day for 10 days and is feeling no better at the moment. I realise this is a very low dose.

I take it myself after a breakdown in 2008 but can't remember how long it took to 'kick in' .

I think a doctor will say its around 2 weeks to a month that it fully gets into your system just depends on each individual how thier body absorbs it, I found it helped me greatly though when having major anxiety attacks and calmed the palpatations within 20-25mins, I just found the tiredness hard to cope with on them with having a 1yr old to see to all day so next week I'm starting on Bisoprolol even though I have been panic attack free since new year the doctor said they will help my heart rate

Thread Information