Thread: Welcome to my world....

Welcome to my world....

Hello all,

I am 39 (nearly) and the mother of two boys. I have always had anxiety and panic attacks, and am a constant worrier. I had a hard upbringing with alot of fear involved and this is where I think it stems from.

I have had one bad bout of PND and had prozac for a year. I have had some counselling but its not really been any use.

I was bumbling along until the last five months when a really close friend of mine really turned on me and cut me out of my whole social circle. Then I had an incident with my husband and he said he was going to leave me, he did not in the end. Well he left for an hour.

The next day I had a total breakdown, massive panic attack, feeling on another planet, and body shock stuff. That was just over a week ago, I spent the last week in the house unable to go out and have been in all sorts of pain. I had an ECG and other tests and 'there is nothing wrong with me'. I am currently suffering massive pain in my lower back and lower pelvic area.

I have been told I have IBS. I have alot of 'health anxiety' and am a self confessed 'googler'.

I am so sick of the physical side of things I have never had them this bad, I think I got some sort of burnout.

Sorry to go on, just want to be around people who understand and not the 'snap out of it brigade'.

Otherwise I have a pretty good life, and have no reason to be unhappy. Thats the kicker.

Thanks for reading,

Many thanks.

Hi Claude2

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Re: Welcome to my world....

Hello, just a quickie wanted to say dont google anything symptom wise. I did it in December before i knew what the heck anxiety was and the symptoms put me in bed 3 times unable to get up, 4 doctors later and the last one put me on beta blockers on New Years Eve I was just about crawling the walls, finally i sort of knew what it was. I'm sure the googleing all my symptoms made me worse. Best to just put it out of your head if you can (easier said than done!) mine have started to dwindle but change almost every day. But no were near as bad as before.
    I'm the same as you cant understand why this is here???

xx

Thx for your kind replies.

Welcome Claude,

Mum of 2 boys here too - just oh so very slightly older than you.

This site has been a great help to me. x

Welcome to the forum, nobody here will ever tell you to snap out of it, I guarentee that. Its nice to have you here. Try not to google for a week and see how you feel...we dont like dr google here...evil! Trying not to google would be a great start for you...look forward to getting to know you. Take care x

hi Claude,

welcome to NMP

x

Thank you all for you kind replies.

Will try to lay off google, Ive already googled tonight and have flirted with sciatica and vaginosis.

My mum just told me my great uncle is dying of brain cancer...eeek.

Thread Information