Thread: Hi There

Hi There

I'm new to this forum and have been told I suffer from health anxiety. This seems to be ruining my life a bit so I've come to chat and hopefully understand and help me get rid of this as it has become impossible at times so advice and guidance will be greatly appreciated. Basically since September last year I've been so worried and almost sure I have either multiple sclerosis or motor neurone disease and this has left me worried to the state of blind panic. I have the symptoms such as loss of co-ordination in fingers, numbness, pain in elbows and it really worries me. I've been to doctors who have said they doubt it but this just makes me doubt them for being wrong. How do I start to overcome this? Thank you for reading.

Hi devonowl

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Hi There

Hiya, welcome aboard!
    Pins and needles and numbness is one of my horrible anxiety sensations too, its horrible and get it in my hands and feet, face, lips...its taken me a good year to accept its anxiety. Im also peri-menopausal and that makes it worse. I sympathise with you. Youll make lots of pals here, and get loads of support x

Thread Information