Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hay im a newbie...

Hay im a newbie...

Im trying to start the whole how to use forums ect and how to get talking to people me and technology dont get on all that well .

I was wondering if someone would possibly help me around so i can relate my symptoms and feelings as i do feel like im alone

thanks
    becky

Hi beckybonney

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Re: Hay im a newbie...

Welcome Becky

thanks diane.
    I was keen to find out if anyone is experiencing pins and needles in legs like burning electric pains right into toes and fingers. sometimes alongside muscle cramps and most annoyingly leg jerking whilst taking citopram. Ive been on it now about 4 weeks and my dose was increased from 10 to 20 about 10 days ago. im really keen to know if anyone else has had this as ive virtually convinced myself that this is a serious medical condition and nothing to do with my anxiety. I do feel nausea and headaches which are common effects, however the things ive said above do not appear to be common or normal.
    i also get hot little tingly sensations in my forehead and in my elbows lips and im not anxious when this happens however i do get panicy when this arises..

If anyone could shed some light on this, and try and dispersuade me that its not a brain tumour :( id be greatly appreciative.

becky x

hi becky, i'm not taking any anti-depresssants at the moment but I was having all of these symptoms anyway, especially the jerky movements and the tingling sensations, unfortunately all part of anxiety apparantly according to the doctor so please don't be worried as you are not alone and you do not have a serious medical problem which is what i sometimes start thinking but then stop myself!

Hi there

Don't fret too much. I'm on my 6th day of 20mg and I get sharp pains in my toes, ankles and legs just randomly :-). My friend had the muscle twitching thing when she went on them but it settled down. That's a really common one I am told.

How are you finding it in terms of your panic/ anxiety? Any progress? xx

well im also thinking that im going out of my mind and its not easy i have a small child of 18months and im aware now i not alone and there are people in this world worse off than me i no but i just wish i could turn around get up and deal with it like i have for so many years since i was 14 10 years of constant up and downs. But its soooooo nice to be replied to i cant thank you enough makes me feel that im not alone. Can i ask does anyone have several visits to the doctor on the onsight of anything and just get told oh yes its anxiety, it doesnt make me feel reassured sometimes?? Plus hiccups after i eat on this medictaion? and nasal bleeding too... i mean shakes sore eyes headaches muscle twicthes hiccups all signs for brain tumour or ms but yet im no further forward. do you think its possible to have these symptoms even though you maybe happy out shopping or partying and then boom your leg goes or your headache starts maybe like sub conscious anxiety?? anyone else relate? thanks again guys truly appreciated...ps sos for the further rant

Hi Becky and

I'm on Cit 20mg as well. I have ALL the symptoms you mention however had them before the meds. The Doc assures me it's all anxiety, I'm also very shaky, dizzy and at times feel I can't walk and am going to fall down when out. Again all common with anxiety I'm told. I totally empathise with your thoughts of is this actually anxiety....... I too think that each day, it's amazing how anxiety affects the body physically . I do see a difference having been on the Cit so I hope you'll continue to improve with this medication. Try not to worry, I'm around if you want to chat. Andrew

Snap, I have a little boy of 19 months :-) xx

im having a real bad time at the minute i keep reading these symptoms for brain tumours and i appear to have them all and i genuinely do feel i have something wrong it all started about 6 weeks ago with pins and needles down my arms, then i got worried all sprung from there. But im sat with my daughter all fine and these continous leg jerking in my legs and now my arms my eyes going in and out of focus its all the signs as well as this god dam nausea and headaches. tried to get a doctors appointment again but yet again none available!!! i just feel so low and guilty when i look at my daughter. i cant see that this would be the side affects of citolpram and also anxiety for what 5 days running now and ive been on these tablets for over 4 weeks :( i feel so so so frightened... and even when people say i have this too i get this sense of disbelief if this make sense like its being said to make me avoid the bad thoughts. i just want a mri scan to clear my mind, but yet then again im soooo scared to go into the doctors again to tell them all this and they say actually yeah were concerned will forward you on.... is this really just me?X

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information