Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My success

My success

Hi everyone I havent been on much lately but I never forget where I got the most help and friendship from in my days of need so I thought it was time I posted an update on my progress and hopefully it will give alot of you the encouragement and reassurrance that you can turn your panic and anxiety around and live life how you want to.

When I hit the age of forty I developed a very severe case of panic disorder and anxiety which really crippled my life and pushed me into agoraphobia, even walking around the home and into the garden was a struggle and I really couldnt understand what was happening to me I thought I had gone mad because everything I used to be able to do became impossible for me and my life was so changed by it.
    I went to many doctors and unfortunately never came across one who explained what or why I was getting my horrible symptoms which consisted of dizziness, faint feeling, trembling, blurred eye sight, light headedness, racing heart infact I think I have been through all the symptoms of anxiety, my life was a nightmare.

I am now 50 and I have turned my life around with the help of this site, which helped me find an insight as to why and what was happening to me and with the help of a book which I found in the library by Dr. Claire Weeks, those two things helped me understand what was happening to me and how to take control of my life and get it back to how I wanted it. It was a struggle, nothing has been easy but I had determination and found a really good friend who talked and helped me through all my bad days and today I can honestly say that although I still get my symptoms occassionally I am no longer affraid of what they are and no longer let them matter, they dont spoil my life any longer. I can now go out and do the things that used to seem impossible, I can have conversations with people without the need to run away and when school meetings and plays come up I know I will be able to attend them. My daughter is marrying in 3 weeks time and yes I know im going to be a little worried but I know I shall be there standing in the church being a part of the wedding and managing all those anxiety symptoms and enjoying life and not worrying about them.

I think I can say I am nearly there now and I have a life that I enjoy and feel comfortable being me now I havent got the need to run away and hide from the world I have become part of it again, it took alot of hard work and many tears and anguish to get here but it can be done I just had to accept myself for whatever I was and learn to work with what I had and not load pressure on to myself buy questioning why all the time and by doing that I started to make life easier for myself and reduce the stress and anxiety.

I hope this gives some of you the hope and the determination you need to move forward and I wish you all luck.

Re: My success

Well done Lorac .Your story is truly inspiring ,Im so pleased you have turned your life around .Weddings are always stressful before hand ,But Im sure on the day it will all go according to plan .Have a wonderful day .Nice to see you ,and I wish you continued success for the future .Luv Sue x

Lovely to read your story Lorac. Well done and thanks for sharing.

Hi lorac,

Your story is so inspiring and moving (made me cry). Onwards and upwards.

Jo.xx

so good to read a positive story!

Well done for finding the strength to battle through this horrible affliction!

AJ x

Hi, Well done you!! It is nice to read a success story as well put as this one.

Thanks so much for sharing.
    Posts like this give us hope.

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

Thank you all very much for your comments

x

Lorac congratulations on beating this dreadfull illness like you I have found lots of help/advice on nmp. Acceptance of panic anxiety being part of us and not allowing it to rule our lifes has helped me loads .

Have a wonderfull time at the wedding .

Hi Lorac

Its great to read your story, i visit this site from time to time, i aswell have been on what i think is a journey, anxiety can cripple you, it all started for me at the age of 30 i sat one day at work and just could not go outside to get on the bus, my heart was pounding, which just turned into a downward spiral of fear.

I to discovered dr claire weekes and thats when i started my road to recovery, i am now 41 years of age and yes i get the symptoms of anxiety still, however, i dont pay attention to it, and it goes away as per the book the key is no longer mattering, then you no you have recovered.

Its the no longer mattering that is the key.

If i can help just one person, then i am happy so if anyone is reading this today please believe me that there is light at the end of the tunnel, knowlege is power, read and help yourself it is only you that can do it and you can trust me.

I couldnt walk into a shop without panicking, a bus was impossible, everyday was a challenge, i still get symptoms of anxiety but i never loose my key.

Sandra

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information