Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Globus feeling in throat and back ???

Globus feeling in throat and back ???

Anyone who gets this globus feeling , and tighness around the neck , does anyone get a lump feeling in there back aswell / chest etc...

Please share i would appreciate your thoughts / symtyms before my anxiety gets a grip again

Thanks

Re: Globus feeling in throat and back ???

That sounds more like acid reflux/indigestion to me Mel

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks for the reply Nicola

I do burp alot and the lump feels like trapped wind at times , but i don,t get a sore throat anymore and my stomach is much better these days .

I,ve never had acid reflux , as in i,ve never felt acid comeing up and burning heartburn . I know theres this silent reflux where just enough comes up to cause irritation , perhaps its that .

I got put on acid meds because of the sore throat , but it was a bit of a DR,s Guess if you know what i mean before a ENT appointment .

Perhaps it will go the longer i take the acid meds . I feel like this is the last hurdle to getting back to normal .

Thanks again

Mel
    Last edited by Greenman50; 24-02-11 at 23:41. Reason: spelling and more info added

Yeah you don't need to get all the burning feeling in the throat to have reflux or indigestion.

It is common to feel chest pain and pain in the back with it though.

I get the globus feeling a lot but never back or chest pain with it - if that helps.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yes it has helped , the more i think indigestion , the more it adds up . I,ll discuss it with the doc again on Thursday when i go for the regular meds review .

Cheers

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    That sounds more like acid reflux/indigestion to me Mel
    The more i think about it , the more i think your right . I ate tomatoes today and drank stella last night (big mistake) i have heart burn again today something i,ve not had for ages , my back is sore , the globus is worse and my swallowing feels worse . I think i need to change my diet and stop drinking again .
    Really miffed as i like to unwind with 4 cans

Mel - I'm so glad you posted this as this is exactly what I have! A lump in the throat which also feels like its in back and sometimes chest too. Its relieved when I burp but is back within seconds, is this the same for you? It is driving me mad and making my anxiety levels sky high. Mine started when I started taking fluoxetine - got a drs appt tonight to talk about it and poss change meds. I hate it its the worst feeling in the world :-(

I've had it everyday for nearly a month now.

Laura.x

Hi mogwog

Sorry i didn,t reply earlier i didn,t see your post . Hope your appointment went ok

Update.....went the dr,s today on the 3 weekly check up re the stomach meds and cit / valium
    I mentioned the globus / swallowing /burning stomach (its off again ) and the lump feeling in the back when swallowing like food is stuck and the burping i now have aswell ........Its all anxiety related according to the doc , like Nicola said its indigestion and / or muscle spasms in the osophagus (spelling ) stomach and /or chest causeing the tightness . She explained the muscles are all connected and that its an unconsiuos reflex to swallow but if you have anxiety (even if you don,t feel anxious at the time) it can make your insides tight , she explained it like a kink in a hose pipe when watering the garden , relax the hosepipe (un kink it ) and it works properly again . Unfortuneately its just time to get it right again so i,m happy to wait for it to go .

How are you ?

Quote Originally Posted by mel2 View Post
    Hi mogwog

Sorry i didn,t reply earlier i didn,t see your post . Hope your appointment went ok

Update.....went the dr,s today on the 3 weekly check up re the stomach meds and cit / valium
    I mentioned the globus / swallowing /burning stomach (its off again ) and the lump feeling in the back when swallowing like food is stuck and the burping i now have aswell ........Its all anxiety related according to the doc , like Nicola said its indigestion and / or muscle spasms in the osophagus (spelling ) stomach and /or chest causeing the tightness . She explained the muscles are all connected and that its an unconsiuos reflex to swallow but if you have anxiety (even if you don,t feel anxious at the time) it can make your insides tight , she explained it like a kink in a hose pipe when watering the garden , relax the hosepipe (un kink it ) and it works properly again . Unfortuneately its just time to get it right again so i,m happy to wait for it to go .

How are you ?
    OMG glad you wrote this right now am panicking been having anxious / panicky feeling since i woke up for no reason don't no what it is also the lump feeling in throat like food is stuck / spasms in throat / stomach / trembling.. my doc explains the spasms are cos there all connected stomach/ throat etc and that the lump feeling can be acid which i get badly in my back and my throat but am getting bad watery bash (if thats what it is called?) were i keep getting a bad watery mouth every two mins but i just cant eat when am so anxious i lose my appetite got horrible stomach feeling like am waiting for something to happen to me i just cant relax ??????

Hi Mel

Got your message thanks

The lump in throat feeling was really bad for me yesterday and this morning but I have taken some gaviscon and its still there but not too bad. It definately gets worse the more I focus on it and then I think "oh god its something bad" which makes it even worse its such a vicious circle. After reading your post I have decided to ingnore this feeling and hpefully with time it will bugger off!!
    Please keep me updated on how you are feeling/coping with this - its helped alot to know that someone else has exactly the same thing at the mo.

Once again thanks for your reply.

Laura

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information