Thread: Breast exam ... is this a good thing?

Breast exam ... is this a good thing?

Hi ladies,
    Sorry about this but I'm back again with my panic over breast symptoms ... been to the doc this morning after having strange breast discomfort/pains on one side for the last 2 months, she gave me the once-over and said I have very granular boobs (which I knew) - she said she "wasn't convinced she could feel a lump" and that it's 99% probably hormonal but she's "1% not sure" and wants to check again in a month. I know a normal person would be reassured, but of course now all I can think of is that this means she thinks there's a chance something sinister is going on. Has anyone had something like this from their doc? I'm now in a total panic but I'm trying to be sensible ... would she have sent me for tests right away if she thought something was seriously wrong? Is she just being cautious?
    Any advice/experience gratefully received, I'm going out of my mind as usual.
    Thanks all. x

Re: Breast exam ... is this a good thing?

In most cases breast lumps are not anything sinister . Yes she would have sent you for tests straight away , so stop worrying. They are always catious with breast lumps and rightly so. All will be fine , you'll see .

Paige xx

I know I'm probably being daft but my head is all over the place. Thanks Paige x

Hi

I have this problen too I had a breast exam 4 weeks ago due to pain and lumpy areas. You're not alone.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for replying Mogwog, this is making me so scared and unhappy. I was doing OK after going to the doc but now I've found a definite lump. Going to see if I can get an emergency appointment tomorrow. :(

Hi tinycritter

Did you go back to the drs?

Try not to panic about the lump, I know its scary, but the odds are in your favour.

Love

Laura.x

Hi Laura, I went back to the dr and she told me to take evening primrose oil, it hasn't helped though. I've got an appointment at the breast clinic this friday so I guess I'll find out then if there's anything going on. Thanks again x

Tiny

I found a lump a few years ago and was having pain so my GP sent me for a check up, the doctor i saw was very nice and it was no where near as bad as i thought it would be.... turned out that it was just a normal lump that most women have

If it were me I'd see another doctor if I really couldn't settle. Not saying at all that the doctor you saw isn't as good, but maybe a second opinion might put your mind at rest?

How did you get on at the breast clinic?

Laura.xxx

Thread Information