Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worried

Worried

Hi all,

I'm 23 and a year ago I went to the doctor saying I could feel a lump in my right breast. He couldn't feel anything and said all was fine. I went back two days ago complaining of a lump again in the same breast. He examined me and could feel it this time.
    I am awaiting an appointment at a breast clinic at the moment but I'm really worried I have breast cancer.
    I don't really have any of the symptoms of breast cancer - the lump is the only obvious symptom I have. I also get pain from time to time where the lump is.
    Do you think it's unlikely to be bc?

Thanks.

Re: Worried

Hi,

I found a lump last year and was sent to the breast clinic, it turned out to be fibrous tissue, so nothing serious at all. It's still there now and tends to be more pronounced just before my period is due, it can also been fairly painful around this time too. Could yours be connected to the time of the month? Also, I read somewhere that breast cancer is very rarely painful.

I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine, the worst bit is waiting for your appt to come around but try not to worry.

K xx

Thanks for replying.
    Do you mind me asking how old you are?

Sorry for late reply, I'm 36

K xx

Hi Petal87, I have had four breast lumps, one of which caused a bit of pain. Three turned out to be cysts which the consultant aspirated (they never returned), the other couldn't be aspirated but he said that it was harmless and would disappear in time....which it did. I am sure you will be fine and wish you all the best.X

Thanks, everyone.
    Fingers crossed everything will be ok.

Can't relate however i have a lump down below :( just wanted to wish you well and im sure all is ok, let us know x

I keep getting this pain in the breast, too. Like a sharp pain/ache which lasts up to 2 or 3 minutes at a time. Do you think this is sinister?

I dont think its sinister. I have had/have many breast lumps and they have been painful too. I get odd pains in my breast all the time from shooting to stabbing pains to throbbing and dull aches. I've had ultrasounds and aspitrations.

I know its very worrying but 9 out of 10 breast lumps are benign.

When is your appt?

Laura.xxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Mogwog View Post
    I dont think its sinister. I have had/have many breast lumps and they have been painful too. I get odd pains in my breast all the time from shooting to stabbing pains to throbbing and dull aches. I've had ultrasounds and aspitrations.

I know its very worrying but 9 out of 10 breast lumps are benign.

When is your appt?

Laura.xxxxxx
    What have yours turned out to be?
    My appointment's on 9th March.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information