Thread: Day spoilers

Day spoilers

So...yesterday I dare myself to go into town. Have a wander around...yes I get quite a few mild, light thuds - but I am not unnerved and feel fine. Then I am holding some shopping in both hands. I feel my heart quiver like its trying to beat but cant - I put the shopping down in my left hand and it thuds back into rhythm - I am light headed for a while - fear hits me in the stomach. Of course I am now having pretty hard thumps but am more worried another quiver will happen and decide not to hold any shopping in my left hand...I have to hold the lot in my right one, and its darn heavy. Today I've had a couple of flips and flops but mostly those strange neck one's - I keep trying to go out and not get agoraphobic but every time, something happens

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Re: Day spoilers

Hi Typer,

I had a similar day like this on Thursday. I was just finishing work and the missed beats started - ok in themselves I suppose - then as I walked to the car those horrible quivering beats started. Great timing when I've got a 25 minute drive home to do (I did think to myself I'm not going to make it home!) After a few times the fast quivering stopped and it just left the missed beats.

I have come to the conclusion that work/stress at work plays a part in setting off my missed beats - as at the weekends I don't seem to get as many.

Hi Typer,

Sorry to hear you have not felt well. I definitely know what you mean about the throbbing in the throat - such a weird sensation and the feeling you think your heart cannot pump properly. It is because we are soo aware of how we are feeling all the time. As soon as you let go and relax the symptoms will not be as bad. it is much easier said than done I know but I am getting there and if I can you can too. It has taken many years to get your body sensatised to this so it will take some time to get yourself desensitised but you can do it. It is not a problem with our hearts but our heads. We look for physical problems and illnesses because then it can be easily explained but what we have is a mental issue. Do you find dark thoughts go through your head a lot. Mine do and think that is where a lot of this has stemmed from for me but whenever I think now what is that pain in my arm/chest etc I think of something else and it soon goes. This has happened many times so I know it is my brain trying to trick me again.

Take care of yourself, take up a hobby; knitting/crocheting/making jewellery to help you through this tough time. I hope you feel better soon.

Hi Karen. I had a lot of stress for years and I reckon that's where it started.

I have been trying meditation but have to work hard as meditation is not easy.

I don't have dark thoughts no - but when they are bad I get a sense of doom in my stomach and a mini panic attack. I never had a panic attack before these stupid things

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Thread Information