Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Member

Hi Meg, thanks for your lovely messages. The day hasnt ended too bad, i saw my friend which was nice.... dont know why i was making myself so nervous im such a wally at times, then i went to have my eyes tested which made me panic alittle but i did the breathing which helped. Now home and safe x i hope you are ok x bye for now from mary xx

Hi Mary, Thanks 4 replying, I glad it went well with your friend. I feel exactly the same as u yes the worry thing makes alot of sense. I tend to get Fear of Fear if that makes any sense?. I get so scared 2 if i am meeting someone etc even if i know them well. Mad isn't it! The silly thing is it normally goes well, i seem to be my own worst enemy & wind myself up. Do u find u do that 2?. I too get scared in the mornings wondering what the day ahead will bring etc... I wish i could think less & be more care free & have a whole anxity free day! I hope everthing is well with you. Take good care of yourself. Pip's XX

Hi Radar. Thanks 4 replying. I know what u mean i'm sure i would be alot better if i didn't worry and dwell on things so much! If i try to be hard i end up in tears crazy hey! I find i am always trying to please people all of the time. I am learning that is pretty much impossible though! I am glad i have found this website. It really helps talking and sharing problems.
    I hope all is well with you. Take good care. Pip's

hi pips
    the attack works on fear, "fear or flight" the more you fear something the worse the attack will get its your brain playing nasty tricks on you.my turning point was about 6 months ago i was going to pick my little girl up from play group and she had asked for a kinder egg, on the way i stopped at the shop and all of a sudden the overwhelming fear of dread just hit me, i could not even get out the car!!!!! but then i thought its going to be worse if i turn up with no egg !! so i started to tell myself that buying a sweetie was not going to hurt walked in the shop took a deep breath and bought the egg felt like i was going to stop breathing at any second, since that day i tell myself that the situation im going into will not hurt and im not going to die or anything else and i feel im getting better, a long road but its working

paul
    norfolk nutter[)]

Pips - tears are fine. It's an emotional release just as a panic attack is..Do the tears and be hard and achieve something too. Not everyday, but to make progress. I used to cry my way along motorways but made sure I did do it - along with the vomiting bit too. Then I rewarded myself and basked in the achievement for a few days before doing the same thing again just to prove it wasn't a fluke.

The pleasing people all the time is a different issue - an assertiveness issue, having that trait does put a lot of strain on you.

The dwelling is the real key. Plan things for morning so you don't have such a long anticipatory time.

Keep posting - keep doing .

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi Paul, Many Thanks for your message, I was glad to read you feel you are getting better! It's really spooky how it just grips you though. I know the key is to Positive thinking & telling yourself everything will be fine. I'ts the beliving bit that's hard! You got the egg in the end though, so that's good in itself. Have you had any more attacks since then? Like yourself i find if i fight the feeling's the worse they become. They are much easier to deal with if you can accept them. Once again it is easier said then done!
    Hope all is well and the road ahead is smooth for you!
    Take care Pip's.

Hi Radar. Many Thanks for your words of wisdom! It's a comfort to know there are understanding people. As this World can be so cruel at times! Well done for making the motorway trips! You do tend to feel better once you have done something. It takes alot of courage though, sometimes its easier to just hide, but i know that is not the answer! I feel silly at times for congratulating myself if i have been out & coped though. It feels unnormal like why shouldn't i cope it's only a day out or whatever? I get angry with myself. I know fighting the feeling's only makes matters worse. I must try to go with the Flo! Are things easier with you now?
    Hope all's well. Take Care Pip's.X

hello pips, only mary here x oh bless you, we are so much alike all my life i have lived for helping and pleasing everyone just wanting them to like me.im alwys putting others first before myself ive been seeing a counsellor and she says this is one of the reasons i have started to have panic attacks and anxitey i went to see the mental health team last week cause i really thought i was going mad but yippee they told me i wasnt, they told me i had to start thinking of myself get some hobbies and only worry about my real friends they said to me i wouldnt drive my car in 1st gear at 100 miles an hour as it would blow up and thats what ive done to my body over the last few years and its finally burst my counsellor says i have to like myself but i honestly get so nervous even when my best friend comes round just incase i say or do the wrong thing but i shouldnt because she likes me for me, its taken me so long to understand myself i used to think i was a horrible person and still do at times ,why? i wouldnt hurt a fly but with the love and help from my husband, family, close friends, counsellor and this wonderful site im getting there and so will you x goodness ive waffled....sorry x well my lovely you take care, bye for now mary x

Yes thankfully Pips . I'm all sorted now.

Don't ever feel silly in congratulating yourself and helping making yourself feel better about your day. We all can do with a bit of an enhanced self esteem - its still valid even if we do our own enhancing !
    You know how much of an effort it has been to go out, so who better to share the joy of success.

Everyone has different self expectations at various times of life. Some people may never ever drive but they do parachute jump . .. and that's ok too !

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

hiya pips
    yes i still have the odd blip as i call it after suffering for just over 7 years its bound to happen, ive slowed my life right down and started putting ME first for a change.
    its slow but once you start it does get easier and easier but it does not happen over night keep the good thoughts and tell the bad ones to BOG OFF and thats not "buy one get one free"

paul
    the norfolk nutter[)]

no one REMEMBER no one has ever died from having a panic attack.ok troops be carefull out there

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information