Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming off Cital after 2 years on 20mg

Re: Coming off Cital after 2 years on 20mg

9 days back on the 10mg

It's been ups and downs, today has been not so good.
    I'll go for a bike run tonight and a wee jog to get me in a better frame of mind.

Take care

Ok so the last week or so hasn't been very good.
    I've been feeling kinda up in the air, I suppose it's down to changing dosages.

I'm going back to 20mg for a while to get back to an even keel.

So this is Day 1 of 15mg.

Today has been bad.
    Feeling woozy and a bit dizzy.
    Still, am staying at work and fighting through it.

I know it will get better.

I'm sorry to hear that you are back on 20mg, I am now on my 5th day of being down to 10, I will see how it goes and I am ask the doctor if I can stay on 10, it is the next step I am worried about. It seems to be a very hard medication to get off of and even months later some people have to go back on. I hope things soon get better

This has been a great thread to read, you've been doing brilliantly Mark.

I've been on 20mg of Cit since last summer and have never felt better, I've been wondering about trying to come off the tablets and have booked an appt on Monday to see the doctor about it.

This last couple of days however my anxiety has hit again and I'm really struggling today, don't understand why however I've been taking some cold/flu tablets and wondered if that could have affected the way the cit works? Usually only take paracetemol for any aches and pains!

Think I'm going to hang on until I start feeling right again before attempting to come off it. Very scared as I never want to feel how I did before starting the tablets again, however your diary has been a great help!

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mally View Post
    This has been a great thread to read, you've been doing brilliantly Mark.

I've been on 20mg of Cit since last summer and have never felt better, I've been wondering about trying to come off the tablets and have booked an appt on Monday to see the doctor about it.

This last couple of days however my anxiety has hit again and I'm really struggling today, don't understand why however I've been taking some cold/flu tablets and wondered if that could have affected the way the cit works? Usually only take paracetemol for any aches and pains!

Think I'm going to hang on until I start feeling right again before attempting to come off it. Very scared as I never want to feel how I did before starting the tablets again, however your diary has been a great help!
    If you've only been on them since last summer, I'd suggest you wait a bit longer before coming off them. You don't want to end up like me - I was on them for 6 months, felt really good at the time, but ended up having a relapse a few weeks after coming off. I then regretted coming off them so soon, so I restarted yesterday. A lot of people on here recommend staying on them for at least a year, but you can see what your doctor says.

If you've had a cold or flu lately, then that could explain why you feel more anxious - these illnesses can really take it out of you.

Like me you have come so far coming off but it can turn on you out of the blue can't it.

Good luck

Hi, ive been on 20mgs of citalopram for a year now and im not sure it worksanymore as am very upset and panic a lot of the time. Well my gp mentioned another ssri but I wanted to taper off cit first. Im not sure its related but last week on wednesday I was so dizzy. It all came a head when I asked a lady at a shop to call an ambulance as I was dizzy, felt like I wasnt there,my heart was pounding in my whole body faster than it ever has and I thhought I waas going to fall and die. The drs at hosp said panic attack (NEVER HAD ONE LIKE THAT BEFORE) But theyve referred me to a cardio dr as an outpatient, im so scared. Anyway I had cut down from 20mg to 10mg that week and was feeling tight chested and anxious. I asked my dr if the citalopram reduction would have maybe caused such a bad experience but he outright denied that it would. Ive since gone back up to 15mgs and still bit dizzy and anxoous.but dont know what to think. Ive had a 3 day heart monitor on. This weekend but results wont be back for weeks :(

Any advice and could the cit reduction have caused this?

Thanks

Charlotte

Just wondered how you are getting on Urban Mark ??

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread Information