Thread: just wondering

just wondering

hello
    just wondering if anyone on forum is on the old tricyclic antidepressants for anxiety and depression?
    I have been on intermittantly Lofepramine during the day and Dothiepin at night
    for agitated anxiety and depression .
    This combination worked very well with only dry mouth side effects and drowsiness in first two weeks .
    SSRI drugs I couldnt tolerate at all ......anxiety through the roof and vomiting.

It seems from reading here that gps dont prescribe these drugs any more . it seems a pity .yes there is more risk if taken in overdose .........but a very helpful addition to the armoury I feel .x

Re: just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by snowgoose View Post
    hello
    just wondering if anyone on forum is on the old tricyclic antidepressants for anxiety and depression?
    I have been on intermittantly Lofepramine during the day and Dothiepin at night
    for agitated anxiety and depression .
    This combination worked very well with only dry mouth side effects and drowsiness in first two weeks .
    SSRI drugs I couldnt tolerate at all ......anxiety through the roof and vomiting.

It seems from reading here that gps dont prescribe these drugs any more . it seems a pity .yes there is more risk if taken in overdose .........but a very helpful addition to the armoury I feel .x
    hi there,
    I remember about 4 yrs ago i was on a med called dosulepin through out my 3rd pregnancy as my doc at the time thought it was a safer one to be on rather than the citalopram dont remember it causing me any problems and did well for me the whole way,but not long after i had the baby i had to go back to to the cit cause the dos stopped working.

I am on Dosulepin and have been for years, so it is still available. It seems to suit my needs.

Hi Snowgoose, I was on clomipramine from November 2002 until September 2009 and it worked well for me, although I did have quite bad side effects (huge weight gain and a very bad sweating problem). I eventually came off them because the biggest dose I was able to tolerate wasn't really effective when some difficult things happened in my life.

I definitely agree the older drugs still have their place - from what I've read they are every bit as effective as SSRIs, but tend to have worse side effects. I was prescribed clomip by a psychiatrist. Perhaps they are more comfortable with prescribing them than GPs nowadays (or GPs just can't see beyond SSRIs) xx

She said, I'm tired of the war
    I want the kind of work I had before

Thread Information