Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2nd week in feel terrible

Unhappy 2nd week in feel terrible

I started on Sertraline 2 weeks ago. First week on 50 the 100 second week. I really feel bad, anxiety is worse than ever and yesterday could not stop crying. Is this normal help?

Re: 2nd week in feel terrible

I am now on day 17 of Sertraline.

I did feel awful the fist week and only on 25mg. Upped my does gradually to 50mg on day 10.

The side effects are mostly gone although the tiredness is still there.

The first week I spent 3 days in bed just felt really unwell and in the evenings the anxiety/agitation would go through the roof.

Just hang in there it does take time for your body to get used to the drug perhaps you need your dose reducing?? Speak to your doctor.

Good luck, take care and keep us posted

Thanks for your post Lizzy, I will ask the doctor that when I go back next week. I just have to stick it out and hope next week is better for me. One day at a time. Reading other peoples threads has really helped thanks

Dahlia is offline Intermediate Member

Hi Lily - maybe consider asking your GP for a small script of diazepam to see you through the 'heightened anxiety' stage. They often give them to patients starting up on SSRIs.

Apart from that, keep reminding yourself it is just the meds initial side effects.

Hi Lilly
    Just read your thread as I am going to be starting on Setraline as I have been on Citalopram for 5 weeks & they have just increased my anxiety. What side effects are you having with Setraline? Susie

Quote Originally Posted by lilly123 View Post
    Thanks for your post Lizzy, I will ask the doctor that when I go back next week. I just have to stick it out and hope next week is better for me. One day at a time. Reading other peoples threads has really helped thanks
    Hi Lilly
    I'm just going to be starting on Setraline as soon as I have weaned off Citalopram as I have been on Citalopram 5 weeks & they have just increased my anxiety, so doc suggested on go on Setraline for anxiety. What are the side effects for you & do you suffer severe anxiety? Susie

Hi Susie
    I suffer with anxiety bad and my mind drives me sooo mad. I also changed from Ciltopram to Sertaline in January . The Ciltopram was making my anxiety a lot worse too.
    After a few days of taken Sertraline I started to feel really tired no engery just wanted to sleep all the time. I also felt numb if that makes sense. The anxiety got worse too and my mind seems to be running away with itself. I have to admit I feel okay today and speaking to people on here they have told me it will get better and to stick it out. I am hoping I should feel a little better by next week. Hope I have not scared you too much. It will get better. Let me know how you get on? I will let you know of any improvment?

Hi Lilly
    Its horrible this anxiety thing isnt it! I'm worried about changing to Setraline as my anxiety has been so bad with Citalopram. How long were you taking Citalopram for & what strength? What strength of Setraline are you on. Let me know how you get on with it. Did you have to wean off Citalopram. Doc says I have to reduce to 20mg for 1 week then 10 mg for 1 week & 10mg for 1 week on alternate days, then nothing for 3 days & then I can start on Setraline. Worried about not taking anything & then having to go on these new ones (Setraline). Hope they will be working for you soon. Susie x

Quote Originally Posted by hickman View Post
    Hi Lilly
    Its horrible this anxiety thing isnt it! I'm worried about changing to Setraline as my anxiety has been so bad with Citalopram. How long were you taking Citalopram for & what strength? What strength of Setraline are you on. Let me know how you get on with it. Did you have to wean off Citalopram. Doc says I have to reduce to 20mg for 1 week then 10 mg for 1 week & 10mg for 1 week on alternate days, then nothing for 3 days & then I can start on Setraline. Worried about not taking anything & then having to go on these new ones (Setraline). Hope they will be working for you soon. Susie x
    I know I feel like I have not been me in a long long time. I was on citalopram for 4 months 40mg. It caused me bad anxiety. The doctor told me to take 20g each day for 4 days then start the setraline. I started on 50 for the first week and then 100 on second. I really did feel bad. Today I feel okay bit better so hopefully things are getting better.
    Let me know how you are getting on x

Smile Re: 2nd week in feel terrible

Lilly
    Glad you are starting to feel bit better. How come you stayed on citalopram for so long? I dont know why my doc is weaning me off Citalopram so slowly, it means I have to wait 3 weeks then 3 days without anything before I start taking the Setralin. Just really anxious about starting on Setraline because I'm worried my anxiety is bad enough now, but its encouraging to here you are starting to feel better.
    Do you sleep ok, because I find if I dont sleep my anxiety is worse but doc has given me some sleeping tablets but anxiety still bad at moment. Keep improving everyday, keep me updated x
    Last edited by hickman; 04-03-11 at 15:28.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information