Thread: Jitters from slowing down on Klonopin

Jitters from slowing down on Klonopin

I usually take 1 mg of klonopin broken down in 4 doses of .25 mg a day. I am trying to cut back on the dosage and am finding that my heart is racing, hands are shaking and I'm just really feeling like I'm coming out of my skin. I'm also on 12.5 mg of Paxil CR, both are for extreme anxiety. I know this is normal for me, but I hear of so many of you out there you have quit valium cold turkey and other meds and I can't figure out why I can't just cut down on one dose of just .25 mg without going out of my skin! [V] I'm so angy at myself that I just don't know what to do. I was on 4mg a day so I know I have cut back alot and the doctor's aren't prescribing this it is just me wanting to do this because I'm on quite a bit of meds due to other physical conditions. Why am I so different than anybody else? or Why am I not happy that I'm doing so well on the medication I'm on and wanting to change it? I also tried going off the Paxil and almost went off the deep end, not suicidal just pure rage and that is the extreme opposite of me. I just have a hard time accepting that these meds are for life I guess. Guess just a blue day. :(

Bel

Miss Scarlet

In my opinion the best way to cut back is on the doctor say so. I hope you are feeling more positive tomorrow after all tomorrow is another day and a fine southern ldy shouldnt have to bother her head of these things.

Keith

Keith,

Thank you Rhett I am back on my meds, per dr, and feel much better. Will never try to back off without dr's advice again.

Bel

Thread Information