Thread: Feeling worthless?

Feeling worthless?

I have had OCD & GAD for 4 years now, bipolar for 9 years and recently diagnosed with a personality disorder, although they said its more of a mix...but anyway thats a different story.

I still have not been able to fully let go of the person I used to be, the happy but stressed going-out-all-the-time person. I remember I used to be respected by people, have lots of friends but that has all changed.

I try and put on a front when I go out, try to work on my issues but my head just wont seem to quiet down. Its always thinking, always going on and on and on.

I have potential and ideas and a lot to give but with all of that it never seems to work. I just dont know what to do, tried medications, tried helplines, CBT with both types of psychologist (never knew there were 2) and other treatments but with little luck. When my mind is in a good day its great, I feel a little manic but happy with it. When my mind is in a bad day I can sense my whole personality and mind frame changing and don't know how to escape it.

Looking for a little support, a little understanding and some positive direction.

There is a vast range of people here, all with some great advice and different ways of looking at life, I just hope one of you has an idea or some words that can help.

Thank you.

Re: Feeling worthless?

Hi UK23, life can be hard at times and feel as if it's an ongoing struggle. It does become easier. Try to concentrate on anything that makes you feel good and recognise and appreciate those nice times. It often takes a long time for the right treatment to take an effect and a lot of work on your part. Take care

Thread Information