Thread: female discharge

female discharge

hi,

Has anyone had an increase in disharge suddenly before? ive had it for the last few months, GP and GU clinic didnt seem worried, nothing wrong with it...doesnt smell funny or anything, just lots of it....im a bit worried it could be something more sisnister....i get thrush alot...could be that maybe...

thanks sarah

Re: female discharge

it depends on the color and the smell. if its foul smelling well then it may be some sort of infection thats easily treated. what color is it? normal discharge varies in every woman. if ure gp and GU clinic see nothing wrong well then maybe its normal

Discharge changes all the time depending on your age and your cycle and stuff. A couple of years ago mine was awful! Big strands of jelly running down my legs everytime I got up in the morning! (Sorry, that's so disgusting!)

Basically, it's fine. It can get that bad and it doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong with you. It's got a lot to do with ovulation but I had it constantly for a few months and everything was fine.

Have you been checked for thrush though? With thrush discharge can be white and clumpy, like jelly or watery with a yellowish tinge. If it was BV it would be watery and grey but it would also smell like fish. Thrush doesn't smell like anything most of the time or if it does it doesn't smell unpleasant.

Wouldn't worry too much, women are badly designed and stuff like this just happens now and again

I wouldn't worry about it if its not bothering you ie not foul smelling etc. It depends on the time of the month really. I'm sure everything is fine

Laura.xx

hi, yes not initially worried, especially as the gp and gu didnt seem concerned. yes it probably is just my cycle or the thrush, i have been treated for the thrush. it annoys me as it feels like it is pressing on my bladder and makes me need a wee!

my paranoid mind as it as the moment has me thinking it is a tumour in my bladder!! no bleeding though so its ok.

could just be the pill or the fact that im getting a bit older.
    sarahx

Hi Sarah

Could be any of those things but defiantely NOT a tumour in your bladder. Oh the things health anxiety make us think! Hope you are feeling a little better.

Love

Laura.xxx

Discharge is normal, it is the way that a womens vagina keeps healthy and clean. Womens bodies are designed that way
    haynsey

Thread Information