Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can the perimenopause really cause all this?

Re: Can the perimenopause really cause all this?

Hi Macc

I so empathise with the utter terror you feel .truly do .
    I think health anxiety is the utmost pits and ruins lives .
    But hey ? lots of us on your shoulder with you when you have your scan my love .. giving you that boost to that feisty inner strength that is in you lady .......its just gone awol for a while .

None of us can say that all will be ok cos we are not docs with scans and blood results at hand .....we all know this anyway .

But ........ Ovarian cancer is rare Macc .........it really is and I worked in cancer care for 15 years .
    The CA 125 Is only an indicator and can be raised with all sorts of lady gynae things . yours is not high at all xx
    fibroids and endometriosis ......the menopause or peri one .
    That is without IBS sticking its oar in to boot

take whatever you need to get through the scan Macc .
    rant cry ..........talk to us ..........but somehow you will get through this and come out the other end with peace .
    in the morning have some thing to eat that is easy like a yoghurt and hot water with lemon maybe . have something on your tummy to keep blood sugar up .
    go outside with cuppa and breathe in the fresh air .
    do your calming breaths ......and then my tip is to say to myself ........ok I have done all I can. I will now let other professional people help me and the higher being [be it God or whatever ] take control for me for a little while .

hope this makes sense Macc .........

The witch on your shoulder is me

love snow x

Re: Can the perimenopause really cause all this?

Ha ha Snow - u know me so well!!!

Not sure how I am going to get thru this without going mad! I tried to make an Appt at docs for Monday but was told in no uncertain terms that they would contact me if I needed to see GP about results!!!! They have no idea what it is to be so scared - the waiting will be worse than the scan!!

Although not eating for 6 hrs before the scan and having a full bladder for the scan will be torture!!!!!

How did it come to this :-(

Unhappy Re: Can the perimenopause really cause all this?

Hi, I think my wife is in perimenopause, she is showing a lot of the symptoms, she left the house three weeks ago when she came home from work and seemed agitated, we had been getting along okay , she has a very stressful job and our 2 children have recently left the family home , she said if she stayed we would end up fighting and hating eachother, this came totally out of the blue, she said things I have said or done lately she hated me for, when she told me what it was I had said or done they were only trivial things, but not obviously to her. I have read a lot of information on the internet as I am very worried about her, she will not go the doctors as she says she will deal with it herself. she asked me to leave her alone as she just needs to be by herself right now. I have respected her wishes and
    I have told her I love her and will always be there for her.
    I feel helpless as there is nothing I can seem to do, I cannot drag her to the doctors, I know something is wrong as she seems a totally different woman.
    does anyone have any advice please?
    or how long will she want to avoid me for, is it a permenant thing or a mood swing? I dont want to push myself on her, i.e, texts or phoning as she has asked me not too.
    can anyone help please??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information