Thread: Palpatations

Palpatations

Hello
    please can someone help me I'm slowly driving myself mad :( I had about three ecgs back in august & a full blood count due to chest pain & the doctor said they were normal but ever since I keep having flutters and I had quite a bad one last month that scared the life out of me, it was like a big pause then a hugh thud it took my breath away for a moment & then I just tried to forget about it, my dad died at 48 from a heart attack & I'm really scared. If my standard ECG & blood test was ok does this mean that there's nothing to worry about?
    I don't want to go to the doctors to be told that it's just my panic disorder, I havnt had a pain attack in nearly a year now and most often that not I get the palps when I'm resting.
    Please can someone advise as I've read posts that say they have to get the palps caught on the ECG and at the time I didn't have any, I have about 4-5 in a month.
    Please can someone advise me x

Re: Palpatations

Have you explained to the Doc that there is a family history of heart problems?

Have they suggested a 24hr Cardio Monitor to see what happens over a longer period?

If not, why not go back to the doc and explain your fears and ask if they would consider doing the monitor to help put your mind at rest.

I know it is hard going to the doc and fearing being ignored just because you suffer from health anxiety and panic attacks but please do not let them fob you off if you are genuinely concerned about this.

Good luck

Re: Palpatations

Hi there
    yes I think I have told her in the past, I feel as though I just can't bare waiting for any more test results it makes me a nervous wreck I keep thinking that they will tell me something bad :(

Thread Information