Thread: Psychiatrist

Psychiatrist

Hi,im not sure if this is the correct place to put this topic but here goes. I went to see a new psychiatrist yesterday and i said that mirazapine was making me very anxious/depersonalistion (in fact i had stopped taking the tablet that day and felt lots less anxious and enjoyed a trip to the stops for the first time in ages) she said that is unusual,as if she didnt believe me. I thought when i got home,its alright for you,you dont have to take the tablets. I have to take mirazapine as i (touch wood) get some sleep from it and if i didnt take it i dont sleep,so not much choice really-either less anxiety and no sleep and cant function at all or take the tablets and have increased anxiety and have to cope with it. I have little faith in this psychiatrist if she can dismiss my concerns. Before taking mirazapine i never had depersonalisation and my anxiety was nowhere near as bad. Has anyone else had the same experiences with psychiatrists?

Re: Psychiatrist

Over the past years I have seen a few Psychiatrists both NHS and private.
    Sadly I felt that all of them thought they new everything about me, when in fact they new nothing!

I believe to a certain degree they label all of us with the same brush. I remember on one occasion when I told one of them that I disagreed with his decision on my problem, he asked me if I was telling him how to do his job! I must admit that I did feel more like an experiment rather than a person.

All they ever done with me was either increase or change whatever medication they had put me on until I was at the point of being drugged up all the time. Unfortunately, I believe that if you take away their prescription pad, they're stumped!

However, I'm sure there are many who practice who are very good but sadly I have never met one.

In all honesty, I must admit though to his credit, I was going mad!
    I must of been in order to pay him £150 every bloody week!

Horse.

Yes i agree,i felt like an experiment yesterday and after only being in with her for half an hour she tried to up my dose of ADs when i said they were making me more anxious! I though how can you know whats up with me after only that short space of time....

Abby,

You know your feelings better than anyone else. If you feel Mirtazapine is making you more anxious, then ask/demand an alternative. Actually although I remember the insomnia most after stopping mirtazapine, I definitely had anxiety issues with it too. The first week to 10 days it seemed like a miracle cure as I was sleeping well and the anxiety just disappeared too. Then gradually I was waking at 04:00 and in a very anxious state from the moment of waking.
    If your not happy/well go back and insist on something else if you think you need meds.

Thread Information