Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: propranolol

propranolol

hiya,

I have just been perscribed propranolol for my panic attacks, has anyone else taken this? i just looked at the sheet and the side effects and now im scared to take it!! if anyone has any experience with this, please let me know. x

Re: propranolol

hello there ive been taking propanolol 80mg for a couple of weeks now and they seem to be making a difference, my symptoms have subsided somewhat and im also taking anti d's which work well with the propanolol. I dont read the leaflets as knowing about side effects etc makes me feel worse.

i have been perscribed 10mg three times a day, i know i shouldnt have looked at the side effects i was just worried and curious! do you know anyone else that have taken these? x

i know people that have been prescribed them for migraines but not for panic attacks. we are on low doses because i think they go up to over 300mg so what we are on is relatively low in comparison. They have to print the side effects on these things just to cover themselves really, my doctor said to me that the most common side effects with propranolol are weird dreams, cold hands/feet and tingling in the fingers (all of which i had but wore off after about 10 days) x

Propanalol have been really good for me, been on them 11 months, on 80mgs a day and they have been so helpful. I hate taking tablets, and I do worry about side effects, but honestly I have to say that the benefits certainly outweigh any side effect.

Hi

You may want to read the posts in this forum...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=50

I will move your post there as well

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzmate View Post
    Propanalol have been really good for me, been on them 11 months, on 80mgs a day and they have been so helpful. I hate taking tablets, and I do worry about side effects, but honestly I have to say that the benefits certainly outweigh any side effect.
    i certainly agree with you there, im glad I gave them a chance because i dont like taking tablets either (took me hours to work up the courage to take my first one lol)

Hi all,

I have been on Propranolol for approx one month for panic attacks and a very fast heart rate due to cannabis and nicotine withdrawal.

I have been told I will need them for at least 3 months.

I too was very concerned upon looking them up and reading the leaflet once I was prescribed them. So concerned infact that I never took any and went to see another doctor for a second opinion.

After this I started to take them and the effects are nothing short of absolutely amazing.

Now I would not be without them and they are a massive help.

twisted whisper you sound just like me with these lol i even asked my boyfriend to take one first as i was so scared to take one...he was fine and had no side effects I still have not took one and i feel so stupid as he was fine.I was watching over him all day lol i kept asking him r u ok?any side effects?god im a worried wart lol..see the thing is that the more we read the more we worry so best thing is to trust the doctor. i will try again tomoz lol I have too i cant even go out :( so i have got to try one...Did he give u anything else? xxx

Hi Victorialouise

I take propanolol and I wouldn't be without them. I feel so much better and they certainly help with the anxiety.

May I gently remind you that your doctor prescribed those tablets for you NOT for your boyfriend. I have no doubt that one dose will do him no harm however it is unwise to give your meds to another person and it is also unwise to take meds prescribed for someone else. Look at the leaflet again and it will tell you this.

Take care.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information