Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional CBT4PANIC treatment programme

Professional CBT4PANIC treatment programme

Hi everyone

As you all know we don’t promote any online products that offer a “miracle or instant cure from panic and anxiety” and then charge you money to find out what it is.

What we HAVE been recommending for a long time now is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) because it is clinically proven to be the most effective treatment for a wide range of anxiety and mood disorders and we get a lot of good reports about CBT from members.

Unfortunately there just aren’t enough CBT therapists to go around so there are long waiting lists. I was put on the waiting list by my GP in June 2011, when I was struggling a bit and had never heard back a year later (which was too late by then) !

Recently we were given the opportunity to test out an online professional CBT program called CBT4PANIC.

All of us who tried the program agreed that it is an excellent program, professional, ethical, very user-friendly, easy to understand, and the support is extremely friendly and helpful.

The main program is divided into 4 ‘Steps’

1. KNOWLEDGE - This will give you a thorough understanding of what is happening to you

2. SKILLS - You learn cognitive and behavioural skills to help you deal with anxiety and panic

3. PRACTICE - You put your knowledge and skills into practice through carefully planned ‘Behavioural Experiments’

4. RECOVERY - You learn how to stay recovered (the 4 extra books described below are very useful here)

There are 4 additional eBooks

• An easy-to-read version of the main 4 books
    • A book of actual online dialogues between a therapist and a lady undergoing CBT
    • A book on overcoming obsessional and frightening thoughts
    • A great book on Mindfulness - makes it very easy to understand.

So, you get 8 eBooks, 56 Videos (these are really great - its SO much easier to understand when someone is taking you through it - these are short videos from 5 to 10 minutes in length) Audios, email support and you get the whole program on a DVD ROM which means you don’t have to rely on the internet to access everything. And to top it off you get a really terrific 64 page pocket sized booklet which is great to carry about in case of emergencies.

The program has the added advantage that one of the Therapists who devised the program (Robin Hall) had severe panic disorder with agoraphobia so he brings a lot to CBT that other therapists may not.

You can find out more about how it all works at the CBT4PANIC website but what we personally all liked was the great mix of extremely effective techniques all explained in a very friendly and often humorous way (there are lots of cartoons throughout the books). Most of us often avoid even reading about anxiety in case we are triggered - but this program cleverly gets around that. Robin knows about panic from both sides - as an ex sufferer and as a Therapist - and he really just knows exactly what to say and how to keep you motivated.

Here at NMP we believe that while support is essential it is also important to have a plan of action that can take you forward into recovery and all the evidence points to CBT as being the most effective treatment plan available. Ask your GP to recommend a course of CBT or try out this new online program.
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 20-07-15 at 21:21.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: CBT4PANIC - a self-help CBT programme.

I have to say that i am so glad i started this course, i'm not even half way through as i have had so many personal problems to deal with.

But i would never have got through an hour and a half at a solicitors today without the tools i needed from this course and the support i received from Robin.

I'll openly on this forum Thank him for helping me get through today as for once i don't fear the panics anymore, i'm agoraphobic and an hour and a half is such a long time to sit in anyones office especially when i know i've got to do it all again next week.

I will say that if anyone does take this course that you have to put the work in yourself, you will only get out of it what you put in.

Just my own personal opinion.

Well done Robin.

I was one of the fortunate ones who volunteered and received the CBT course for free.

It was easy to read and the cartoons made it so friendly. In fact once I started I couldn't stop and I carry the little booklet (the condensed version of the course) around with me in my handbag so I can refer to it whenever necessary.

I've had anxiety and panic disorder for 18 years and have been through many sessions of counselling and research in my search for recovery.

For the first time I had instant understanding which has given me control over my disorder.

My husband has remarked at what a change there is in me lately as my fears are less and my confidence is growing daily.

I also appreciate that the author, Robin is willing to correspond with me when I have queries. He has really put himself out to help fellow sufferers.

I would recommend this course to anyone suffering from this disorder, it's been a life-saver for me!

Thankyou.

Ditto to what the others have said! i am halfway through the programme and it is so easy to follow and freindly, the cartoons are great and Robin is lovely. Thoroughly recomend it to anyone.

Completely agree with above...will write a more detailed account when I have more time.. but I am so pleased I volunteered to try this CBT course..Thanks RH.

Hmm... it's very late now, but I might sign up for this tomorrow evening when I have more time. I guess you can't have enough support!

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

I'm just about to try this, I'm hopeful it will help as recently I've experienced more and more attacks just when I thought things were getting better!

I loved it.
    I found the comics to delightful. I could relate so much to the characters.
    It's easy to read and understand.
    It's well worth printing out the ebooks.
    I started it when I got the free trial.
    The mistakes I made was trying to go through it too fast and not sticking with it.
    But it did help me when I was having actual panic attacks. There is a panic attack page which you fill out. You write down your thoughts and feels and it really helped me see how I was being irrational. it helped me really see all the awful thoughts I was having and how 99% of my what if's had a 1% of actually happening to me.
    I do hope to restart it and put in more efort in this time.
    I've had anxiety a good 12 years or more now.
    I have read countless amounts of self-help books, besides one other book, this has been the only other thing that has actually help me.
    I would highly recommend this to anyone.

maybe the email went into spam

thanks
    Last edited by bull50; 31-05-11 at 20:25. Reason: wrong

Bull - I will contact Robin and let him know for you.

He is very good at getting back to people so I am sure there is a genuine reason for him not replying.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information