Thread: pain predominant ibs

pain predominant ibs

Hi does any ibs sufferers suffer from pain predominant ibs not much changein bowel habit but loads of pain everyday x

Re: pain predominant ibs

Yes I do.

My bowel habits are fairly the same everyday, unless I miss a dinner due to nausea the night before. Generally, I don't suffer the runs to the loo. If anything it is constipation.

I also get more pain after going to the loo as oppose to pain before. This will last about 3 to 4 hours after, until things start to get back to normal.

I find I'm in discomfort most of the day, mainly right side just below ribs and to middle abdomen.

Sadly, Buscopan and Mebeverine do not do much.

Happy days.

Horse.

Hi bronte, I've had IBS for a long time, but for most of this time, it's just been issues with bowel habit (having to dash out of bed in the morning to go to the loo, symptoms worse around periods, wind, gut noises etc.).

However, I've had a few bad bouts of pain-orientated IBS as well. I remember having a bad attack of about 20 years ago, and the doctor gave me Colofac for it as I had it for weeks. I also had a very painful bout 3 years ago which went on for about a month.

The worst ever one was the one which I now seem to have come out of; this bout of it lasted 3 1/2 months and I was in dreadful pain for most of that time. The anti-spasmodics didn't work very well and I thought I was just going to have to learn to live with it, then it stopped gradually over a couple of weeks and it's been OK for about a month now. My bowels are still variable, but to be honest I'm not bothered about this as I've had a "dicky tummy" for most of my life and it's not hurting at the moment!!

Hi Horse you sound same as me i very rarely suffer with the runs but occasionally find it hard to go my pain effect my left side im so fed up with it i dont even feel anxious today and im still suffering im taking buscopan they help a little but not all the time

Yes, you don't have to feel anxious in order for it to cause an upset.

There are times when even if you have a good day and feel relatively happy (rather rare these days) you can get IBS worse the next day.

I will always believe that it is mind related. I've had anxiety ever since I was a kid some 40 years ago and it always resulted in stomach issues.

Now it's at the point when even something trivial will make my stomach play up. If the slightest thing upsets my normal boring day, I will find my stomach gurgling a lot. Once a week I walk a friends dog for them when they are out all day and I guarentee that on that day my stomach will play up because it's on my mind even though I've been doing it for 3 years!

It literally is a pain in the arse!

Hi,

Yes I quite often have IBS pain without bowel problems. In fact I spoke to my GP about it last week and he said it's quite common to just get the pain. I don't get 'stomach' pain, mine's always in my sides, hips and under my ribs.

K xx

mine is kah but also my ovary area x

Quote Originally Posted by bronte View Post
    mine is kah but also my ovary area x
    Oh yeah forgot to mention that, I get it in ovary area too. Sometimes dull ache and sometimes very sharp.

we are like 2 peas in a pod kah lol x

Thread Information