Thread: Dealing with morning anxiety?

Question Dealing with morning anxiety?

Hi, I'm new to the forum and just like say how useful it's been during the dark times. Without being boring, my potted history is I became very depressed and stressed two years ago and following two years on citalopram, changing my job and life enjoyed life to the full in 2010. Then my old friend depression started to return in Jan after trying to come the cit. After going back on the cit anxiety has returned to my life full on, I've really tried but finally gave in and went back to my doctors after the anxiety hit it's peak and 8 weeks of cit was making me worse. I am now taking Lustral first day today and scared of repeating the last 8 weeks again only to find no benefit. I don't understand how I got to this point again. If any one has any reassurance or words of wisdom I'd be so grateful, also any tips on dealing with crushing anxiety I get in the morning which take most of the day to subside.

Re: Dealing with morning anxiety?

Hi

I really couldn't cope on Cit, it was terrible, made my anxiety thousand times worse, I managed three weeks. I hardly slept through this time either or ate properly.

I went back to the Docs and was put on Sertraline and i started off with a 12.5mg dose for a week and worked my way up to 50mg over a period of three weeks. This helped the side effects, but it was still hard, but I find it much less harsh than Cit.

Five weeks in and I am sleeping much better and have a better appetite, flashes of my old self and no Panic, just a little anxiety, but I have been off work all this time and taking it fairly easy.

Mornings are still difficult, but I get up, have a bath and get outside for a walk then feel much better by the evening when i take my tablet after my evening meal, it takes a few weeks to settle but most people seem to say three weeks and they can feel it work. Mine took 5 weeks to feel a bit better and can tell I'm on the way out the other side.

Hope it all goes well for you

Best Wishes

Jackie

YZF, I am sad to hear that you feeling the way you do, and more to the point you don't know how you got there. Believe me I know exactly how you feel, I have been feeling so much better myself, my anxiety reduced to almost nothing and then it all starts again, for no obvious reason. Was on Cit myself but very small dose due to intolerance, 10mgs, and about month ago weaned myself off, but started to feel increasingly unwell, light headed and dizzy, so have restarted them. I just do not have any understanding of how this anxiety works, it seems to have no rhyme or reason, it is unpredictable in which symptoms you will have or not, it creeps up on you like a thief in the night. The disappointment it causes when you think you are on the road to recovery and then find, out of the blue, it's worked it's way back in is cruel. I don't know what to say to you except that I am empathising with you all the way and I hope we can both feel better soon.

Hey... im going through this right now... have suffered anxiety/depression for many years and i am on day 6 of Cit.. morning anxiety is a nightmare.. and i have been off work all this week... was something i truley didnt want to do i work one on one with the public in healthcare and the thought of having to speak to ppl is increasing my anxiety and now the thought of returning to work next week is doing it to.... its like one big anxious cycle that im constantly pendling through :( but im hoping the meds will help me through i guess its taking it one day at a time.. hoping to be back to work nxt week but the thought is terrtfying me :(

Hi

Neither Cit or Sert worked for me i'm afraid, cit was horrific and sert just didn't suit me, i never got over the side effects, was so ill.

Then I was prescribed Escit (cipralex) and it has been a life saver! started on a low dose of 5mg for 11 days and then up to 10mg. Few side effects and a little increased anxiety for a few days but now its great. Was back to work after 5 weeks off.

I'm now into week 7 and it has honestly changed my life around. I don't plan coming off it anytime soon. Docs reckons for at least 1 year before I try.

x

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your comments and support it really helps when your dealing with all this. I just find it so hard getting into work every morning when your body is screaming at you no and your mind keeps looking for doom, exhausting all this isn't it. I know I'll beat this I did before and can again, I suppose its just a question of how long. Off to see my old councillor tomorrow who helped me last time. I wish you all the best on beating this, great to know I'm not alone.

Thread Information