Thread: propranolol

Question propranolol

are they any good and r the side affects bad? I know they are a kind of betta blocker but do they make you feel worse or better? Im realy anxious when taking anything bit like my mum lol she as the same problems but is alot stronger than i she does not take anything and wont...she as bad days but she just gets on with it...Wish i was more like her but im not and need something as i have got two appointments next week and im dreading them :( my boyfriend takes these too he as the same as me...I have also got some but im scared to even try them

Re: propranolol

Hi! Dont mean to worry you but i was on those and they were fine for the first few months i was on 80mg time release capsule and they lowered my heart rate down to 45 bpm and thats low! but i do alot of physical training so that could be the reason! just keep an eye on your heart rate!

Oh thank you for the reply hes gave me 10mg also the same with my boyfriend too...Got to take 4 a day or as when i need them...Ive always been scared of pills even if it just for an headache lol Ive tried betta blockers be for and they was ok i just took them as i needed but i did have to drink lots of water as they gave me dry mouth...Should realy try them realy and see how i go...thanx again for your reply xxxx

Your welcome! i found the lower dose was much better! take care!

To me propanolol are the best tablets ever, i have taken them on and off for years and i have a terrible fear of tablets rather die than swallow them as i have a phobia of being sick (emitaphobia) but as i say i have taken these as and when i need them and have never ever had one side effect, absolute life savers, the only pill i will take for anxiety because they work.

Please don't be put off by anything try them, 10mg is a tiny amount anyway but will help i'm sure i useualy have 10mg 4 times a day, but they work so well for me that by 4/5 days of being on them i start forgetting a dose and befor i know it i'm taking maybe just one a day then just forgrt that one too cos i'm by then feeling much better.

Hope this helps
    Sharon

Hi

We have a whole forum dedicated to this so I will move your post there and you can have a read of the other threads as well

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It really helped me break the adrenaline cycle and anxiety. I had 40mg x 3 times a day. I just felt more tired but that was a good thing. No other side effects. They got my heart down from 130 bpm and back to my normal.

Smile Re: propranolol

oh this is all good stuff to hear thanx guys going to try one tomoz i think but abit unsure as ive been on kalms for a week im sure it wont hurt realy as they are more herbal infact i totally forgot to tell the doctor about taking it he only gave me these ones.last time i went he gave me citalopram and just a better blocker my boyfriend had one today as he got some too he felt fine so im gonna try one tomoz..Hes not as bad as me though he still goes to supermarket and shops just wish it was me doing these things i use to love doing them all..Anyway i will give them a try and see how i go thanx again for all the feed back oxoxoxo

Quote Originally Posted by victorialouise View Post
    oh this is all good stuff to hear thanx guys going to try one tomoz i think but abit unsure as ive been on kalms for a week im sure it wont hurt realy as they are more herbal infact i totally forgot to tell the doctor about taking it he only gave me these ones.last time i went he gave me citalopram and just a better blocker my boyfriend had one today as he got some too he felt fine so im gonna try one tomoz..Hes not as bad as me though he still goes to supermarket and shops just wish it was me doing these things i use to love doing them all..Anyway i will give them a try and see how i go thanx again for all the feed back oxoxoxo
    Strength is taking a look at where you are and, from there, getting to where you want to be, no matter how hard it is or how long it takes to get there.

Thread Information