Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Claire Weekes???

Claire Weekes???

Hi guys,

I've heard a lot of you mention Claire Weekes books on here. I'm desperate and willing to try anything, could anyone tell me which book is good for Health Anxiety? Just been looking on e-bay and there's quite a few different ones.

Thanks
    K xx

Re: Claire Weekes???

Quote Originally Posted by kah View Post
    Hi guys,

I've heard a lot of you mention Claire Weekes books on here. I'm desperate and willing to try anything, could anyone tell me which book is good for Health Anxiety? Just been looking on e-bay and there's quite a few different ones.

Thanks
    K xx
    her books r good hun ive got self help for your nerves and essential help for nerves both good reads

hello i have been reading claire weekes books for about twenty years. more help for your nerves, my favourite i s peace from nervous suffering. she simplyfies things, in laymans terms, so if you are already feeling done in. it seems easier to understand,. ometime i feel confident, but it take a long time to really have confidence . hope thi help

Have to say that Weekes books are an excellent grounding in anxiety and how anxiety effects the body etc but that they are not really geared towards health anxiety as such. She does mention a concept known as bewiderment which sort of encompasses health anxiety and how it can develop but that is about as far as she goes.

When I first read her books I was almost concerned as she mainly spoke about anxiety in the traditional mainfestation of panic attacks etc and this was just not how my anxiety presented. Don't get me wrong, her research and her advice our fantastic nuggets of wisdom and certaintly point you in the right direction in dealing with anxiety and also physical symptoms but there are better options for specific health anxiety issues.
    I was brought here to pay homage
    To the beat surrender

Hi kah,

I have one of her books and I've read it twice now. I think it's a great read and although it won't change your life overnight (well it could do), what it certainly does is enables you to understand the feelings we experience and how we can cope with them.

I also have another book called Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel By Changing the Way You Think by Christine A Padesky, Dennis Greenberger and that is a really good read as well, really does help.

If there's anything else you'd like to know then please feel free to ask

Take Care.

I sell a couple of her books in the online shop if you want to take a look.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi kah,

I just got the "Hope and Help For Your Nerves". It was a very easy read and basically gives you some coping techniques to "float" with your tension and fear instead of fighting it (kind of like when you are in deep water). It is changing the way you think and react to tension and fear itself. It made some sense and she encourages her readers to take baby steps and allow time to pass. So supposedly next time you have a panic attack, continue doing what you are doing (if you are working, continue working, if you are shopping, don't stop, don't stop what you are doing to "give in" to the fear).

There are several specific books on health anxiety, such as Stop Worrying About Your Health by George Zgourides and It's Not All In Your Head by Gordon Asmundson. Also The Worry Cure by Leahy which has one good chapter on health anxiety. Weekes is good and her books helped me many years ago with general anxiety but with health anxiety, you are much better off with those specific books.

Quote Originally Posted by lauren6 View Post
    There are several specific books on health anxiety, such as Stop Worrying About Your Health by George Zgourides and It's Not All In Your Head by Gordon Asmundson. Also The Worry Cure by Leahy which has one good chapter on health anxiety. Weekes is good and her books helped me many years ago with general anxiety but with health anxiety, you are much better off with those specific books.
    Thanks lauren6, I think I would be better with a book specifically for HA, as I don't suffer with panic attacks or any other kind of anxiety. Which of those you mentioned would you say is the best?

Thanks
    K xx

hi there is another book called at last a life by paul david and i have been told that it is a good book and i have looked at his website which i found really helpful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information