Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi my introduction..

Hi my introduction..

Hi this is my first post,
    i have had general anxiety and panic attacks for many years now for the last 4 yrs i've been taking seroxat, have spent the last year(out of the 4) trying to get off the drug! Needless to say it's been hell on earth and panic and anxiety has been triggered off with a vengence due to all the changes my brain has been going through. At present i'm struggling to get through each day but i hope that i'll make it through this nightmare, the ordeal i've had to date has been dreadful ...i can only presume that mine is an extreme case, but it's knocked my confidence right down and i know i have a long struggle still ahead of me. If anyone else has made it through to the other side ..coming off meds, i'd love to hear your story and any tips on how to survive! Jo x

J Baker

Hiya Jo,

Welcome to the site.

Have a good look around at all the posts. You will find lots of useful information together with lots of support from fellow sufferers.

Once again, welcome

Kate x

Hello Jo, oh you sound like you have really been through it x This site is so fab, have a really good look through it. Take care from mary x

Dear Jo,

I think we all think we've had a really hard time of it.. We're all agreed it's a very difficult thing to overcome but it is entirely possible. I'm through and pretty good now.

I was on Prozac but have never had Seroxat.
    Coming off Seroxat is known to be particularly difficult. Do post and tell us how you're doing and what parts are causing you the most angst.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi Panikki

Welcome to the forum.

We all think that we can never get better and we will never see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have suffered for 10 years but like Meg, things are much better for me.

Meg is completely over her illness, whereas I still need to conquer some things but I am getting there and you will too.

Have a read of some posts and the website too - you will get loads of help on there.

Nicola

hithis is my first post, my name is manda and i have suffered from panic attacks for 14 years, i learnt how to overcome them but now they are back worse than ever before. I feel that i cannot cope with them anymore can anyone help.i'd love to hear anyones tips

Hi Manda

Im sorry you are feeling so bad at the moment, im really glad that you have found us though. There is loads of tips on this forum and on the home page so feel free to have a good look round.
    The tips on here range from lifestyle changes (diet, exercise, relaxation), medication, alternative therapy (hypnotherapy, yoga, reiki), quick breathing and relaxation techniques etc.

feel free to post and ask us any questions you have.

Just remember, its never too late. You say you have overcome it before and im sure you will again. You have our support

love Sarah
    xx

Hi Manda,

Do start your own topic in Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about whats been going on with you and why you think these have returned now

Meg

Hiya Manda,

Just wanted to say Hi and welcome to the site.

Kate x

Hi Jo,

Welcome to the site. We have all been through what your going through and most of us still are, but whats great about this site is that we can all help eachother through it. Getting off your meds must be dreadful, I wish you good luck with it. Hope to see you around Jo.

-Christie[:I]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information