Thread: Fear of heights???

Question Fear of heights???

Hi, recently i conquered my fear of flying, but i still have an issue with heights. Today i was travelling down a road which over looks a town below(travelled this road lots of times before). I was OK for the most part, but as soon as i could see the barriers. Then the town below i became very Frozen with fright. The only way i got through it was to focus in front of me untill i passed that part of the road. The odd thing about it is that this is part of the road is not the heighest part.

But the fact i can see down below e.g. the other parts have trees, bankings etc. Makes it difficult for me and knocks my confidense.

I think its more likely an issue with feeling safe, than the height itself

I have to get a handle on this as my job requires me to drive allover the country.

KG

Re: Fear of heights???

Hey kg
    Really relate to this. Did a fear of flying course when I was 30, then took a few flights but nothing since 03 and now I'm back avoiding the issue again.
    Know what you mean with the bridges. I even get it if I go up in a tall building. Feel all woosy and weird.
    Really don't like heights and even get nightmares about it sometimes. I will try some hypnotherapy for it this year - I've heard it is effective.
    Meanwhile make sure the airflow in your vehicle is cool and fresh when you are in these situations. May sound odd but I found it helpful to distract myself with radio tuning etc - distractions not the best idea while driving tho Hehe.
    Take care and good luck
    Chris

Thread Information