Thread: upped dose again!

upped dose again!

Hi, just need a little advice, i have had my dose of cipralex increased to 20mg from 15mg after 2months of being on 15mg, i seem to feel worse after a week of the 20mg, am i really having side affects again? and do i really have to wait 8weeks for it to work? what a pain in the bum!
    i have been on 10mg of this drug for 2years and was hoping as they were already in my body that i wouldn't feel like this, it feels like the meds are trying to stop depressive thoughts but cant quite, feel low rather than depressed, but my head is tense and constantly on!
    any advice please

Re: upped dose again!

Hey Marisa,

You well see some settle in behaviour on the increase, I have increase from 10mg to 15 mg and think I am still seeing some settling in period after 40+ days....

The positive is that you will have goods days too, in fact I believe the good days will out number the bad one. The bad ones will also get lesser in magnitude...

Hang in there, you can get through it, you for 2 years, now so what is another few weeks....

Take care.

Hi Marisa,

I don't think the side effects will last 8 weeks but agree that it may take fair few weeks for you to feel the full benefit of the increased dose.

When I went from 5mg to 10mg, i did get side effects for about a week though not quite as bad as when I started them.

I am suffering my first "blip" i believe, i am at the end of my 5th week. Its horrid isn't it and I wish I was as good at taking/believing my own advice as I am at giving it! we all seem to be the same though!

You have got through it before and doing well so don't lose heart x

thank you, spoke to my dr and he wants to give me a couple more weeks, but may need to change meds, as im pregnant and it gets diluted with all the extra blood i have in my body. its good that the dr is keeping an eye on me and that i have the support of this site, keeps me going. thank you lovelies x

Thread Information