Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disturbing vivid dreams

Red face Disturbing vivid dreams

Anybody here suffer vivid and disturbing dreams you can remember? Like they are worst in the early morning for me and I can remember them and they are like a movie..feels quite real...anybody else had this?

Re: Disturbing vivid dreams

I've had a couple where I've actually felt myself in pain. :-(

Remember I had a dream once that I was getting choked, and I couldn't wake up. Eventually I did thankfully, gasping for breath, it was terrifying.

yeah I have had dreams like this, sometimes I even feel tired when I wake up like I spent all night dreaming and didn't get any sleep.

Yeah I've had dreams like that too.. I've had some where I've woke up in a panic and a couple where I've woken up hurting myself too.
    - What you fear in your head is not always true -
    I may take some time to reply to PMs/Messages but I will do it eventually, promise

I think a lot of us with anxiety probably have this kind of dream... I've got ptsd so have them almost every night :( Early hours of the morning are definitely worse...

yes, I have them every night, have done ever since I can remember infact I can still remember dreams I've had when I was a child.
    I remember every detail as if it were a movie, like you said x

I had a couple of those vivid dreams and got really really strange feeling when I woke up after them, like I am not in real life anymore or something like that, can't really express how I felt. You'll lose em when you stop worrying about them. I told myself, hey those are just dreams, nothing that can harm you. Just don't pay attention to it and you'll be fine again.

Bump

I never had many for a while but with COVID I have these really vivid dreams often feels more happens than real life. Often covid measures are in place in my dreams but I can remember them clearly and often it’s about random stuff. Anybody else had an increase in these due to COVID being around?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Bump

I never had many for a while but with COVID I have these really vivid dreams often feels more happens than real life. Often covid measures are in place in my dreams but I can remember them clearly and often it’s about random stuff. Anybody else had an increase in these due to COVID being around?
    I have vivid dreams that feel very real. I enjoy them. I can remember them for days, weeks, months and even years later. Sometimes I learn things about myself in dreams too.

Maybe the lack of "excitement" in life at the moment makes our dreams seem more exciting than the current situation.

Non the less I think we're lucky. Many people I speak to don't dream like this.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Anybody here suffer vivid and disturbing dreams you can remember? Like they are worst in the early morning for me and I can remember them and they are like a movie..feels quite real...anybody else had this?
    Most nights cocker...

When you say 'early morning', do you mean from about 5am onwards? Only the reason for those dreams will be rising levels in cortisol. This is the normal waking response which everybody has but it's these dreams that we remember..

Headless horses, alien invasions, 'dying', 'fainting' - that disturbing enough for ya?

Mind you - I have OCD, so my dreams are always going to try and sort that shit out lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information