Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disturbing vivid dreams

Re: Disturbing vivid dreams

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    ... except the headless horses - which I've never been able to find a connection to.
    You can't leave us hanging like that. Tell us more about headless horse!

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I've had a fair few odd but vivid dreams recently.

One was about moving back to our previous house which we moved out of in the spring of 1985 (when I was almost 8 years old) and setting up my own hi-fi gear in the same spot my dad set his up in when we first moved into said house in the late 70s (when I was 1 1/2).

On several occasions especially since 2008, I have dreamt that we visited my dad's former workplace in Birmingham, whose building was actually demolished during the earlier part of that year, but he quit that particular job some 20 years earlier, but I sometimes used to go there with him at weekends whilst he performed certain tasks during downtime, that he wouldn't have otherwise got chance to perform during his normal weekday working hours.

I have had several where one building/ place is split between two (or more) different buildings/places, sometimes even several miles apart in real life!

Thanks yes my most common dream involves flying as I have a fear of flying so often the dreams are above things. Then it often involves family of work people. A lot involves travel but every dream has involved COVID restrictions. I do hope we get back to normal as it’s not pleasant I wouldn’t say they are nightmares but just vivid dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    You can't leave us hanging like that. Tell us more about headless horse!
    Headless horses James - there were four of them on a beach.

Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse gone wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post

One was about moving back to our previous house which we moved out of in the spring of 1985 (when I was almost 8 years old) and setting up my own hi-fi gear in the same spot my dad set his up in when we first moved into said house in the late 70s (when I was 1 1/2)
    I have lots of dreams where I go back to the house I was born in. In one dream, me and my mother bought the house back and we lived there thinking we would be happy because that's where we were both happiest in RL - only it was different and things kept going wrong. Also, for some reason, in many of these dreams, my old home turns into a sports and social club with loads of rooms - including underground tunnels which come up near a mineshaft. Obviously, my brain is thinking of other houses I've lived in which were built on disused mining land and in the area of mines?

Or I'm dreaming of Serge from Kasabian playing a song just for me.

Or I'm the roadie for The Cure when they play a sports and social club. What it is with my brain and social clubs?

Another one? Duran Duran and Spandau Ballet are double booked in my living room - Tony Hadley and Simon Le Bon go toe to toe. Steve Norman picks up his bongos and leaves. The dream ends where I'm chasing Nick Rhodes to the upstairs of a double decker! (these were my better dreams)

My regular dreams include a lot of water, flooding etc or alien invasions where the sky is full of spaceships..

One thing I've noticed is how better I communicate when I'm asleep. I can speak without my brain buffering.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    A lot involves travel but every dream has involved COVID restrictions.

I know you're being serious, but it did make me chuckle.

Thought for the day..

Can we be fined if we astral travel?

Headless horses James - there were four of them on a beach.

Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse gone wrong?
    Not strange at all, unless they were sipping pena coladas on sun loungers

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Not strange at all, unless they were sipping pena coladas on sun loungers
    Cocktails? Nah. My beach drink is (or was) cider.

Maybe I'd been on the codeine that night?

Cocktails? Nah. My beach drink is (or was) cider.

Maybe I'd been on the codeine that night?
    And cider with them? I knew a guy at college who would down a load of cans of strong lager, some painkillers and not need to buy a drink all night in the clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    And cider with them? I knew a guy at college who would down a load of cans of strong lager, some painkillers and not need to buy a drink all night in the clubs.
    I'm too wary about drugs to mix co-codamol with alcohol. My beach/cider drinking days go back to when I was in my 30s and my body was still behaving itself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information