Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disturbing vivid dreams

Re: Disturbing vivid dreams

Oh, god, so many of them. The good ones give me weird and wonderful animals and birds, and I can remember some of them even now.

I had one of the bad ones last night, though - they can be about weird stuff, but the really awful ones are usually about the emotional abuse I got from my parents as a kid. I'm 43 now, and I still wake up from those feeling wounded.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    but the really awful ones are usually about the emotional abuse I got from my parents as a kid. I'm 43 now, and I still wake up from those feeling wounded.
    Sorry to hear it Blue. X

Thanks, Nora. I still get the dreams but my parents have really mellowed since they hit 80 or so, luckily.

Thanks, Nora. I still get the dreams but my parents have really mellowed since they hit 80 or so, luckily.
    Do you have a better relationship with them now?

What the f**k is going on?! I've just had the worst nightmare I've had. So vivid.

My neighbor was being chased by the police on his motorbike. In the dream I grassed him up. The entire street knew it was me and I was getting drama to my door.

The partner of the lad I grassed up said "move house you're going to get killed". My partner spoke with her and she was fine with partner, it was me they wanted dead.

I tried to drown myself. I died multiple times in my dream each time thinking "Phew I've escaped". Just to wake up in the same dream.

I tried to escape. I dragged all my belongings up several hills, through mud, to some place I don't recall or remember. My partner left me. My son hit mom so I had a fight with my son so mom booted me out.

Then IRL, like now, I woke up and my wife and son were gone. I called her, and she's doing the shopping early morning to avoid the hussle and bussle.

I'm literally having a panic attack.

I'm sure people think I make this up. But wow, this was by far one of the worst dreams that crossed over into real life. I could close my eyes right now and sleep. Sorry for any typos. I'm 50% asleep right now.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    What the f**k is going on?! I've just had the worst nightmare I've had. So vivid.

My neighbor was being chased by the police on his motorbike. In the dream I grassed him up. The entire street knew it was me and I was getting drama to my door.

The partner of the lad I grassed up said "move house you're going to get killed". My partner spoke with her and she was fine with partner, it was me they wanted dead.

I tried to drown myself. I died multiple times in my dream each time thinking "Phew I've escaped". Just to wake up in the same dream.

I tried to escape. I dragged all my belongings up several hills, through mud, to some place I don't recall or remember. My partner left me. My son hit mom so I had a fight with my son so mom booted me out.

Then IRL, like now, I woke up and my wife and son were gone. I called her, and she's doing the shopping early morning to avoid the hussle and bussle.

I'm literally having a panic attack.

I'm sure people think I make this up. But wow, this was by far one of the worst dreams that crossed over into real life. I could close my eyes right now and sleep. Sorry for any typos. I'm 50% asleep right now.
    What sort of programmes do you watch on TV James? Crime dramas perhaps? What did you watch yesterday? This includes gaming...

I don't think you're making it up at all!

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    What sort of programmes do you watch on TV James? Crime dramas perhaps? What did you watch yesterday? This includes gaming...

I don't think you're making it up at all!
    The other half watches crime and murder docs. on netflix all the time. They were playing in the background since about 11pm. I don't mind them usually. I played Fortnite with an IRL friend.

Are you a mind reader?

The panic has passed. I'm not bothered about the panic attack, I am bothered about the vividness of todays dream especially since it was only hours ago I posted here that I enjoyed them.

There's a water pool/reservoir type thing in Fortnite. It's just a game prop, you can swim in it. This is what I used to drown myself in the dream. I'd dive deep to the bottom, hold my breath, and pass out. Felt like complete bliss and peace for those couple of seconds.

I just remembered my Dad was in it. Him and his friend were wasted drunk coming from a day out pub crawling. He wasn't a big drinker but was funny when he was drunk. It's the first time he's not been in a hospital setting, or a cancer setting.
    Last edited by WiredIncorrectly; 28-01-21 at 08:21.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Do you have a better relationship with them now?

I do, thanks. I decided about 20 years ago that I wasn't prepared to go no contact with them because it would give them a power over me that I didn't want them to have. It was tough sometimes, but these days we get on really well and I'm glad I persevered.

I do, thanks. I decided about 20 years ago that I wasn't prepared to go no contact with them because it would give them a power over me that I didn't want them to have. It was tough sometimes, but these days we get on really well and I'm glad I persevered.
    Glad things worked out Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    The other half watches crime and murder docs. on netflix all the time. They were playing in the background since about 11pm. I don't mind them usually. I played Fortnite with an IRL friend.

Are you a mind reader?
    I just know that my dreams are a lot funkier when I've been on the crime dramas. This week? Grantchester. Hangings, stabbings- the works! Also, possibly some kind of connection to James Norten having played a 'bad un' in Happy Valley when one especially dramatic scene triggered a panic attack?

Thing is, even though they are on in the background, your brain is taking the information in - and then there is the gaming. Everything that goes into your brain during the day is going to be coughed back up in a fragmented way that is typical of normal dreams..
    I can usually find the connections with most of my dreams - except the headless horses - which I've never been able to find a connection to.

There's a water pool/reservoir type thing in Fortnite. It's just a game prop, you can swim in it. This is what I used to drown myself in the dream. I'd dive deep to the bottom, hold my breath, and pass out. Felt like complete bliss and peace for those couple of seconds.
    There you go. This, combined with background police dramas explains your dream. If you find out what your Mrs was watching last night - I have a feeling you will make more connections.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information