Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pregabalin and Mirtazipine

Re: Pregabalin and Mirtazipine

Hi anybody willing to email me need a favour about the pregabs cheers

I find it interesting that a lot of you credit pregabalin as being the main factor in helping your anxiety, rather than any other medication you are taking.

I have been prescribed it for CP for over 2 yrs now; my anxiety started 18 months ago and the pregalin does f*** all for it, but then it is pretty severe.

You shouldn't be taking it just to give you a high as someone mentioned, thats not the way you should be using it.

Unless you want to be on Pregablin for life be careful about casually upping the dose as it is very difficult to withdraw from if you have been on it for some time

For me, I noticed a big improvement about four hours after taking my first dose of pregabalin.

That said, it only seems to work on mild to moderate background anxiety. I have to give a four hour presentation/workshop to a group of professors in two weeks time on a subject I don't feel fully qualified for, and no amount of pregabalin can stop the bouts of anxiety.

"it only seems to work on mild to moderate background anxiety" ..... that describes how mirtzapine works for me. I haven't found it helpful at all for major stress/anxiety.

I want to thank everybody for their input. I have been on Lyrica for about 4 years now and am on max dose 150 4 x/day. I take several other medications including Topamax, Tegretol and Cymbalta. I'll be starting Remeron this week so your input was invaluable. I gained weight on Lyrica too and am trying to rework with diet and exercise. It's hard when you hurt. I haven't been sleeping much lately. I was taking Geodon but had to stop bc I developed a rash.

Hi Riley,

Good luck with the pregabalin/mirtazapine combination. Weight gain is not inevitable, but you must take care.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information