Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome confirmed

Re: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome confirmed

Thanks Nic, Ive read it
    I like the feeling off compression with the splints, cos it usually drives me so crazy I just want to sit on my hands so they feel normal. The consultant said its hereditary, and my dad has it. Also my mum was hypothyroid, and Im waiting the results of the bloods, but it was interesting that you mentioned your weight....I started putting on a lot of weight about 2 years ago, the same time these sensations began, so Im wondering if Im hypothyroid too? Mum wasnt diagnosed until her late 50s with hypothyroid, and my hair is getting thin. I blamed Peri-menopause for all these sensations, but the consultant dismissed that. Maybe it is hypo, have to wait and see I guess. Thanks for searching out your old post x

No worries - I can't believe it was 2006 !!

How time flies lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Well, I wore them to bed and they were ok I guess. My pins and needles and numbness didnt seem so bad upon waking, but time will tell, maybe it was my imagination. Anyway, will keep going with them, and await my thyroid function tests. Peace out, luv P x

Hi Paula . Will be very interested to hear your blood test results. Do you have the splints on during the day as well? xxx

She said, I'm tired of the war
    I want the kind of work I had before

Hiya Jane Well the consultant says to wear them intermittently during the day, on days when the tingling/numbness is very bad. I havent got them on today as its not too bad. Have to wear them at night though. Not conducive to a kiss and cuddle though haha x Im sorry, I know weve talked about CTS before, but I cant remember what you said regarding Hypothyroid....did you say you had it? x

Hi Paula, was just thinking it might be best to have them on if you're typing on the computer. My blood tests say I'm not hypothyroid but I have tons of symptoms and can never quite get to grips with why my thyroid is swollen if there's nothing wrong. I had blood taken today but not expecting anything to have changed and

She said, I'm tired of the war
    I want the kind of work I had before

Poor you good idea about the washing up take care hope you feel better soon xx

Just sending some hugs Paula,because want to...
    Love Petra xxx

Hi guys x
    Had a letter from the rheumatology consultant yesterday. My blood tests have revealed elevated white blood cells. No mention of hypothyriod, which is what I was being tested for. He wants me to go to my GP next week and do a repeat.

I know elevated wbc is sign of infection. But WHAT kind of infection? Im petrified....I never thought Id say this out loud but...Im sure I have something deadly. Ive had a terrible dream since I was little that the age on my grave was 42....Im 40 now...I KNOW its ridiculous, but Im seriously upset today. What to do?

Mothers day...I miss mum. I guess Im emotional again. Sorry x

Im emotionally and physically shattered. I cannot think straight. Im having a slow burn panic, so lavender, paper bag, and bed for me now. Id really appreciate some help on this one guys.x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information