Thread: Anyone else have this problem?

Anyone else have this problem?

Does anyone else feel inept to do anything? Like take studying for example. If I study for like 2 hours, I burnout. My mind gets too panicky and exhausted. I need to take a rest. I still feel affected after I've taken rest. I can study then but with no great results cuz my mind is still feeling the effects of studying I did before. I realy need to take a break for a few days.
    Basically..I can't do anything. I can push myself but I know it's not what I want, I know I'm not being relaxed enough, I know I'm not being capable enough.
    Same with socializing, even watching movies sometimes. It's just depressing. Can't do anything,

Re: Anyone else have this problem?

Hi there

When my anxiety levels are very high I feel like I can barely do the basics of life! The more anxious you are the more your brain is taken up with dealing with the anxiety so doing other things is very difficult.

Today for example I am going to my sisters for a joint birthday (my brother and dad) I really dont feel like I can socialize today as I have been so anxious last night and this morning

What I find helps is to take things one little baby step at at time. For instance with studying. Dont study for 2hrs straight! no wonder your brain burnsout! Break it down in to half hour slots and take a break between each slot where you do not think about what you are studying.

Also stop monitoring how relaxed you are and how capable you are. Start congratulating yourself when you manage to do even the smallest thing. When you manage to have a conversation, when you manage to concentrate on a short programe on tv, when you study for half hour. These are all things to be proud off no matter how small you feel they are

Take care

Thread Information