Thread: Lymphoma fears - any advice please?

Lymphoma fears - any advice please?

So sorry to be posting and bothering you all yet again, people on this forum must be getting sick of the sight of my username but my HA is so bad right now I'm a complete shambles and I have nowhere else to turn short of walking into a psychiatric unit and asking them to admit me.

I am in an outright panic about lymphoma now and I am really starting to think that this time I may be right about my fears as I have so many of the symptoms. I don't actually feel ill but I'm often tired, have regular night sweats, strange pains in my neck, chest and arms and 15 or 20 little blood spots under my skin (really tiny like pinpricks) and at least one long-term enlarged lymph node. My GP says the node I'm worried about is within normal size ranges but has ordered a full blood count which I'm having next Tuesday. Has anyone had symptoms like these? Also, how common is lymphoma/blood cancers generally? I've tried researching it but the information is so confusing, some sources say rare, other say it's quite a common cancer; some say it's more common in older people, others say more common in young people. So confused and afraid. Does anybody have any advice or experience to share please?

Once again, apologies for another post but I'm very grateful to anyone who has the patience to read it, thanks x

Re: Lymphoma fears - any advice please?

I often feel very tired, have hundreds of those tiny red specks and have lymph nodes that I can feel but are within what's considered normal range.

I feel tired because I have two young children and unfortunately I am a night owl and don't go to bed early enough.

The red spots I have had for years and years.

The lymph nodes...I've probably had them forever as well but never went looking for them before.

I'm not saying that your symptoms are down to the same things as mine but I suppose what I'm trying to say, is that they are not exclusively symptoms of lymphoma. You have seen your doctor and are getting bloods done and hopefully this will put your mind at rest.

As for the incidence rate, I'm not sure, but I'm I would think that there are many, many more common, less serious reasons for the symptoms you are experiencing

Tinycritter - my dad has lymphoma, he felt very unwell and was taken into hospital as his dr knew something was definately wrong.

I have night sweats and iv got little blood spots under the skin on my arms.

The blood test will show if there are any problems and i no you are worried so im not going to say dont worry but im sure it will be ok

mandie xx

Thank you both of you for the responses & advice. Mandie, I'm sorry your dad is going through such a horrible illness - you & your family have my very best wishes and I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to reply. I will try and focus on something positive until the bloods get done.

Thanks again

Tiny x

Quote Originally Posted by tinycritter View Post
    Thank you both of you for the responses & advice. Mandie, I'm sorry your dad is going through such a horrible illness - you & your family have my very best wishes and I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to reply. I will try and focus on something positive until the bloods get done.

Thanks again

Tiny x
    Thank you for your wishes Tiny, let us no how your blood results go.

mandie xx

Yep, I have the same fears, night sweats etc
    Waiting for results
    x

TC, a friend of mine has survived this and the main symptom was a lump on the neck (half of a tennis ball size) and extreme fatigue. They were called to the hospital 2 days after seeing thier GP.

Please try not to worry and stay away from Dr Google!

thx for advice, x angie

Thread Information