Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dad is in hospital

My Dad is in hospital

I was not sure whether to post this. My Dad was taken to hospital by ambulance this morning. He had collapsed and his carer found him. He has been unwell for a while and complaining of shortness of breath. He had a severe nose bleed a few weeks ago and my sister and I thought he had had a stroke. Tonight he is on the cardiac ward. My N is in Canada until Saturday. I just need some support tonight. I haven't posted about this before but the last few weeks have been horrendous. EJ.

Re: My Dad is in hospital

Try not to fret too much, I know that's not easy. I hope your Dad is going to be OK.

To EJ, Im so sorry about your dad. Im sure they are giving him the best possible care in the cardiac ward. Do you have anyone with you tonight? Dont be alone. Look after yourself ok. Sending love x

Oh hun, ur dad is in the best place. You should have told us, it's horrid isn't it you feel so helpless.

Prayers and hugs for you and your familyxxxx

Hi thanks my son is asleep in bed. I going to head off to bed soon. I'm going to work tomorrow and see Dad on Saturday. The staff nurse has my contact nos as I am next of kin. I'll take a low dose sleeping pill so hopefully I will sleep. I have already given a lot of his history over the phone. I'm glad he is in hospital as he has lost about 2st in weight. Both my sister and I have thought the doctor has been missing something. He has been slurring his words and lost interest in himself and not eating. He phones us in a panic but it could be panic? thyroid? macular degeneration? He is going blind. He has macular hallucinations.That and the shortness of breath. Poor darling hopefully some of his problems will now be addressed. I was beginning to feel negligent as we did not know what to do. So tired so going to bed now. Thank you EJ.

I'm sorry to hear your Dad is unwell. You hang in there and stay strong. Let us know how he is doing. (((HUGS)))

EJ

So sorry to hear that your dad is poorly, will be thinking of you both, wishing him a speedy recovery. take care P x

Sorry about your Dad EJ .Thinking of you ,I know how worrying it can be having an Elderly parent in hospital .I hope he recovers soon .Take care of yourself and I hope you get some sleep .Luv Sue xx

Hello Elizabeth,I just would like to send some hugs to you,hoping all is well with your Father.
    Love Petra x

Hi EJ, hopefully being in hospital means they can find out what is at the root of what's going on. to you both and please take care of yourself xxx

She said, I'm tired of the war
    I want the kind of work I had before

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information