Thread: Heart attack help ASAP please

Unhappy Heart attack help ASAP please

I am really worried about a heart attack. Im only In my teens but I saw a story about a teen who had a heart attack. I have shoulder pain on and off which is just bad posture, bur After seeing that I think it is a heart attack. Im Always coughing which is a sign, anxiety and insomnia are signs which I have , and now I'm getting short of breath, I know this can all be anxiety, but I don't think it is. Help Asap pleaseeeee!!!!

Re: Heart attack help ASAP please

I dont think you would be able to post on here if you were having a heart attack ,tbh Take some deep breaths thru your nose and out thru your mouth and try to relax for a bit . Anxiety causes these symptoms . Sue x

hi if you were having a heart attack you would alsobe having a symptom you have not mentioned
    a horrendous pain in yourchest. or even in your shoulder the pain would be that bad you wouldn't be able to talk properly xx

Ok now my left arm hurts :( cuz I read the symptoms????? I hope ;( help

The chances of somebody of your age having a heart attack is so remote, it doesn't even bare thinking about.
    There are many symptoms that would point toward heart attack & even if you had a couple or more, i'd still say your safe.
    Luke

Okay, you need to place your fears in perspective to the account you mention. The young individual you spoke of most likely suffered from familial hypercholesterolemia, which causes an extreme acceleration of the kind of conditions seen in older persons which suffer heart attacks. The condition is extremely rare and other symptoms are present long before the cardiac event actually occurs.

Chronic coughing can be a sign of congestive heart failure, not heart attack. It's important for you to remember as you surf the internet looking for symptoms which match your own, that you're trying to diagnose yourself in the absence of the requisite medical education and training necessary to accurately do so.

In your case, the constant cough is more likely due to post-nasal drip secondary to vasomotor rhinitis, a very common presentation in persons with anxiety. The shortness of breath in your instance is more the case of diaphragmatic spasm, which often prevents the lungs from achieving the deep inspirational breath which produces relaxation. When persons detect this restriction or inability, they begin trying to force a deep breath to occur, which under voluntary action, rarely takes place. People usually try to yawn repeatedly in order to induce the deep breath to occur.

Your description strongly suggests that you're suffering from the physical symptoms of anxiety and nothing more.

You'll be fine. At your young age, you need to be out running after boys rather than worrying about having a heart attack of all things.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

Thread Information