Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: first step to getting my life back

first step to getting my life back

After reading patsta and Liz,s threads i am gonna keep a day to day diary of myself on Sertraline. I cant thank both of them enough for their positivity and truthful advise on how they have got on with the med.
    So here goes. Mum of 3, married with a good family and friends, people think i am a happy, outgoing person always ready to listen to my friends and the one that always arranges the parties and nights out. Well how wrong they are ! I do a bloody good job of hiding how i really feel, cause inside i am a completely wrecked due to anxiety. I have recently confessed to close family and my closest mates and to be honest i think they are finding it hard to deal with and understand. I havent been outside the house for 2 weeks except to see doctor and cant remember the last time i picked kids up from school. But today is the first day on my med and even though i realise things will probably feel worse for a bit, i do feel a little bit better knowing that i am doing something at last.
    Will let you know how the day goes later x

Re: first step to getting my life back

Hi Jayne

You sound just like me. I have always been the happy, strong and confident person and people could not believe it when I was struck down after Christmas with anxiety/depression. I have been hiding it for 20 years and obviously did quite a good job.
    It has been a tough 3 months I didn't leave the house for 6 weeks only to see the doctor I was 'scared' all the time of eveything!
    The Sertrlaine has helped with the depression and my anxiety thoughts but still struggling a bit physically. Doctor keeps telling me I have gone through a rough time and it will take time for me to feel 100% again.
    Hope it works for you and glad you have found our posts helpful
    Take Care and keep us posted. Any questions just ask!
    Liz xx

Well on my fourth day. I am on 50mg and at the moment i can say that i dont really feel any different. I dont know what i was expecting really. Saying that i havent fallen asleep today which is a first. As for my health anxiety and tight chest and back, as far as i am concerned still feel they have missed something and i am dying. I cant believe i actually wrote that, but its how i feel. Anyway spent some time with the kids which was nice. I just hope i feel some glimpse of hope soon xxx

Thanks Liz, really struggling at mo. Pains in between my shoulder blades feel really scared, more so than usual. I just putting down to be on the new meds, 4th day and this is the worst so far. Please, please let tomorrow be a better one x

5th day absolute horrid anxiety levels through the roof. Didnt help when the school rang to tell me my daughter had fallen had broken half her front tooth off. I havent been outside the house for 3 weeks, but adrenalin took over and i picked her up and took her to the dentist. Now while i was dealing with this i felt not too bad, now i feel terrible, pain in shoulder blades burning in throat . But only 5th day so will kee p going x````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````

Hi Jaynemarie
    Keep going, it's still early days yet. Side effects like increased anxiety usually settle down as your body gets used to the meds. I am about two and a half weeks through now and side effects are lessening. No positive result from the meds for me yet, but it does vary a lot between people usually 2-4 weeks before you feel better so I understand.
    Best of luck with it
    Tyke

Thanks Tyke, your just alittle bit ahead of me with the meds, lets hope it kicks in soon

Sixth day went to see gp, she prescribed me some diazepan to help for the first few weeks on new med so thats good. Again i told her about my chest and back burning, to be honest she is very patient with me. Went through with all checks and said nothing to worry about. I cant wait for the day i believe her. I know it takes a few weeks to see any difference but i am so low and scared finding it very hard at mo. x

Sounds like you are doing really well. Hang in there!
    I kept a diary and wrote back how I felt everyday and now when I don't feel good I can look back and see I bad I was and realise I am getting better.
    The first 2 weeks are so tough but you will get through it, just take each day as it comes and accept it for what it is. There is a light at the end of this dark tunnel believe me!

Thanks Liz, just want the old me back. Cant wait to be able to do simple things like going to Asda and picking kids up from school. My poor husband he is doing everything at the mo. Have told my close friends now and they cant believe it cause i always seem to be happy and positive to them. Anyway another lovely sunny day, might try and go out in the garden. You lot are keeping me going xxx

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information