Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: first step to getting my life back

Re: first step to getting my life back

Thanks for the reply Tyke. How long have you been on the 50mg. and at what week did you begin to feel better?

Hi jackie

I have been on 50mg for seven weeks now. I started feeling better after five weeks. It all seemed to happen at once - the easing of the side effects combined with feeling better as well.

Tyke

Hi all. Glad that your all doing well. Jackie i am on a 100mg, started on 50mg for first 2 weeks then upped it. This is my fifth week and like Tyke said its a gradual process but the fifth week does seem to be a turning point. I still feel a bit anxious and a bit breathless but besides that not too bad. I am now looking forward to a couple of weeks time and hope i will be better again. Please all of you keep in touch, you have helped me through some dark days. Jaynexxx

into sixth week and doctor has upped me to 150mg, which i am apprehensive about taking. Still having the burning in throat, but besides that not too bad. Have been managing to go out abit more, but i still have a long way to go. Hows everyone else ?x

Hi all thought i would say hello. Into my 9th week on set 150mg. Now doing CBT which i think is helping. What i wanted to say especially to people just startin on Set, stick with it. I have just read back through my diary and i can honestly tell you i am a different girl now to what i was then . I feel alot happier and more calm. Starting to enjoy things again instead of dreading them. Energy levels pretty much back to normal which is great. I am not going to tell you i am a 100 percent cause i am not, but i am nearer to it than i have been for about six months. What i am trying to say, is that the tablets do help but you have to work with them. Believe me i know what its like to not want to do anything, to feel terrified their is something wrong with you, wanting to stay in bed all day [been there done that ]. just try and do small things that you know you can do, that helped me. If anyone needs any advise or someone to talk to i am here.xxx

Patsa, Lizzy, Tyke, Bajope, Haz hope you are doing ok, you lot really helped me. lots of love Jayne xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jayne

Pleased to hear things are still going well for you. I am doing very well too. I have actually cut down on the Propranolol I was taking (on medical advice) by half with no major consequences. I am enjoying various social activities again which boosts my confidence and mood further with the added realisation that I CAN do these things without anxiety and depression!

Hope everyone else is still progressing well.

Best wishes

Tyke

Hiya Jayne and Tyke, so please that things are going so much better for you. It gives me hope to stick with the Sertraline and that it should hopefully start to work soon. I am 5 weeks in so farnot feeling much difference. Just this last week have started to get really bad headaches, not sure if they are connected but I never get headaches, also feeling sick a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by jaynemarie View Post
    Hi all thought i would say hello. Into my 9th week on set 150mg. Now doing CBT which i think is helping. What i wanted to say especially to people just startin on Set, stick with it. I have just read back through my diary and i can honestly tell you i am a different girl now to what i was then . I feel alot happier and more calm. Starting to enjoy things again instead of dreading them. Energy levels pretty much back to normal which is great. I am not going to tell you i am a 100 percent cause i am not, but i am nearer to it than i have been for about six months. What i am trying to say, is that the tablets do help but you have to work with them. Believe me i know what its like to not want to do anything, to feel terrified their is something wrong with you, wanting to stay in bed all day [been there done that ]. just try and do small things that you know you can do, that helped me. If anyone needs any advise or someone to talk to i am here.xxx

Patsa, Lizzy, Tyke, Bajope, Haz hope you are doing ok, you lot really helped me. lots of love Jayne xxxxxxxxxx
    Glad to hear you're heading in the right direction Jayne. I'm still on 50mg sert, managed to persuade psych to reduce my diazepam to 12.5mg per day and I'm going to try and reduce my zopiclone next week. Still up and down, good days and bad. Not 100% but hopefully heading in right direction. Started psychology now too, I'm feeling really positive about that and I really hope it helps.

Keep well.

Haz. x

hey there, just wondering how you were all getting on and wanted to say a huge thank you for the posts on here. i've just started sertraline, been taking it for 7 days and reading your posts has helped me a feel a little more optimistic. hope you're all doing well and sertraline is still doing the trick. i'm in the tough early phase where my head is all over the place and i feel pretty low today, so it's good to come on here and read that it has helped other people and i just need to give it time x

Hi everyone

I am still doing really well. In fact I would say I'm almost back to normal. I am enjoying all the activities I did before I became ill, I am back at work and everything is so much better. I am a bit shaken by everything that has happened and don't want to go back to how I was during the depression ever again, but I can't believe how much better I am mentally.

Tyke

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information