I was placed in the work related group of esa.
A few weeks latter I received a letter telling me I had to attend a work related interview at the local job centre which is 11 miles away from my home.
I was told I would have to attend these interviews at least once a month.
The letter also stated I would lose my benefits if I did not attend

I was almost hysterical on reading the letter as I have been agoraphobic for 26 years and can not even go to my doctors surgery and have to have home visits. I also have severe asthma.

I rung up the job centre in tears but the lady could not care less about my not being able to leave my house and told me I needed to attend or lose my benefits.

I left it a hour and rung again and got a different lady and told her 5 weeks ago I had put in to go to appeal. She then said I would not have to attend these interviews as I was waiting to go to appeal which would be about a 9 month wait.

I wrote a letter that day to the job centre telling them that could they please write back to me as soon as and tell me how they would suggest I get to any interviews when I can not even go to my gp surgery.

A week latter I got a letter saying I would not have to go to appeal as they have looked at there decision about placing me in the work related group and they have no changed there decision and placed me in the support group. .