Thread: Hello please read

Hello please read

hiya
    i havent been on for a while but i had bad anxiety and panic attacks well i was getting headaches and normal anxiety symptoms and panic attacks visual symptoms etc,,,, i pereserved wiv my dr and months on i have a disease called intracranial hypotension fluid on the brain,also papilledema dr kept putting it down to anxiety,or musclar head and neck pains i have lost sum vision in my eyes and on medication to reduce the fluid and stop me from going blind,and now my anxiety and panic are near enough gone it was my disease causing all the symptoms so now i have regular checks with neuro and eye hospital ive also had a spinal tap too so if you think there is something seriously wrong with you perservere wiv drs as if i didnt i would of gone blind

Re: Hello please read

Hi there, thanks for sharing this, im having same symptoms as this i.e panic attacks/anxiety etc..ive beared with the doctors sinc I had a bad bang to head 6 wks, 6 wks on..my head is still not right and I had a CT scan Fri..awaiting results......can you tell me how did you end up finding out you had this? did you have a scan or something of your brain surely his would need to be done to show this right? just shows you you should sometimes trust gut insticts hey im glad you got to route of your problem - there must be a real reason as to why we sunddenly get diagnosed with panic disorder after years of being normal..

i noticed the headache and bad visual problems i had neck pain too felt my head was gnna expolde my ct scan was clear you could see a othamist get ur dr to refer you to one they can pick it up,mine picked it up they have to do a spinal tap to get the diagnoses though,

behind my eyes were swelling and bleeding which is caused from too much head pressure the fluid look it up on google papilledema and intracranial hypotension has all symptoms etc,,,,,,

forgot to say its veryyyyyyyyyyy rare not many drs or hospital will pick it up

Hi again - thanks for the response, I don't think I have the same thing - I dont have headaches, no vision problems - although I do wear contacts and have regular eye tests, I dont have swelling or bleeding behaind the eyes they have looked for this and cant see anything. im suprised a Ct scan didnt pick it up as it shows brain too? how did you develop this if you dont mind me asking was it just one of those things or had you had a head trauma? did you have pain behind eyes etc..I looked on web etc - it said its a rare thing to have. Its good you kept on it and got to bottom of problem hey and now you cant get right treatment! I hope I get to the bottom of my issues too as fed up now

hiya
    it just came dont know why but yes good job i kept on and on at drs i dont get head pain now but i struggle to do things as get tired so very easy now x

can I ask what sort of eye symptoms you were getting? was it just straining or did you have other symptoms too? I have some weird eye symptoms going on at the mo and dizzyness, its worrying me!

One more quick question......... did you get any ringing in your ears/feeling of pressure at all? thanks!

I forgot to say I hope your starting to feel better now that you know what it is thats wrong. Are they treating your for it? Hopefully you'll get better soon and be able to carry on as normal! Take care x

Thread Information