Hi everyone,

I have a dermatology skin screening appointment next Tuesday, and im seriously having nightmares. I went to my doctor about a mole i have for about eight years and i felt it changed when it first appeared but hasnt done anything for about three years (well i squashed part of it cause there was a little pimple on the edge of it, and now its missing a corner, but that was self induced). I had been reading on google about melanoma and that made me go to the doc cause change is one of the things to look for, but id never thought of it before. The doctor wasnt worried about this mole, but referred me for my own peace of mind. Its 3mm wide but a bit irregular, but one colour.

I also squeezed another tiny mole from behind my calf on my leg a few months ago, i thought it was an ingrown hair, it was about 1mm wide, a tiny big raised and dark brown, and it came right off. There is now still a mark of a flat freckle in this spot, the same size as the original. Would that have grown bigger if it was malanoma?

I have about ten other moles on my back that are not perfectly round, all different shapes.

In Ireland you have to get the doctor to refer you to the dermatologist about a mole, so do you think ill only be able to show the one mole i went to the doctor about? Im really scared... Also, seen as my moles are odd shapes (not round and ther borders are not perfect on some of them, and ive no idea if the ones on my back have changed over the years) does that mean they would definately be cancer???

If i get through this with no hassle next week, i am never going to worry about health again :(