Thread: Had to go on sick today, feeling really down ay help would be great!

Had to go on sick today, feeling really down ay help would be great!

Hi im becky, i suffer from social phobia/Panic disorder since been 11, however ive had a lot of stress over the last few years ive moved 120 miles away from my home town to be with my partner ive got a little gorl which can be a hand full and then my partner lost his job last year and still suffering with finacial issues. Due to al this my anxiery got worse and i started to get panic attacks ive always had it mildly but now its awfull i just fear im going to panic in social situations including my work ive always loved my job im a dental nurse but now i struggle to even get through day, ive got quite a hands on job and im so nervous of showing my hands which are shaking then i panic about that then have a panic attack found myself running out of surgery last week and having to get a other nurse to take over just because the shaking got out of contoll, ive come on here today to see if anyone suffers from the same thing as i think im going insane, ive tried cbt for the last 2 years and herbal meds beta blockers and now ive been advised from my gp to take mirtazapine. If anyone has got any info i would be truely greatfull, i would also like to add im 22 and i just want to enjoy my life and my exceed in my job but i cant see the light at the end of the tunnel xx

Re: Had to go on sick today, feeling really down ay help would be great!

Hi Becky, so good to have you here with us. Use the "Search" facility, there will be loads of info on Mirtazapine. Youve got your hands full with a little one, is there any one who could look after your little one so you could have a break? You know how debilitating panic and anxiety is, but you can control it by taking back your power. Read all the info you can, find out about re-breathing using a paper bag, the use of aromatherapy oils, getting plenty of sleep, and eating right....give your meds chance to work and see how you feel in a few weeks. If you still have theses feelings and sensations, go back to your GP and tell them your quality of life is still being affected. I hope you feel better soon.x (Read the info in the left hand column on panic and anxiety) x

Thank you paula ive read lots of books on anxiety and when doing the cbt got lots of info but no matter what i do its just there i think about it constant, i know ive been put on sick but im wondering if i shouls take a different approach and maybe go back to work and face my fears thats what cbt leant me but on the other hand im just so tired of fighting, i do get lots of help with my little girl i must say and if i didnt have anxiety i find myself thinking i would be a better mum my partner thinks different but i cant stp thinking how much of a better person i would be without this thing in my head i used to be confident talkative ect i find im just getting worse x

Hiya, if Im totally honest with you, I would tell you I think you should go back to work as soon as possible. I took time off from nursing, little did I know or ever imagine, I would never work as a nurse again! Time at home let the anx and panic take over me......and it ruined my life very quickly. Saying that, I didnt have a forum like this, or people that understood. Have a few days off, then think about your next move. Nothing wrong with having a break, but I really think the longer you avoid going back, the harder it will be in the long run love. You do what you feel is right, use your CBT techniques, whack on the lavender, suck a rescue remedy capsule.......you will be ok Im sure xxxxxxxxxxx

PS....have you listened to Susan Jeffers "Feel the fear and do it anyway"...my tapes are worn out now, but its been a huge help x

Aww thanks paula thats a big help really, the fact you was a nurse too i will take a couple of days off but already know im going to go back sooner than i shouls i will fight this for the sake of my little girl and partner thank you again tear in my eye lol x

Good luck with it, let me know how you get on ok, Im rooting for you! x Big breath love, and as Claire Weekes says " So what if my hands shake?.......they are still good hands to use....." x

Feel the fear and do it anyway was one of the first personal development books I read to help build my self esteem and overcome anxiety. It's a real easy read and I highly recommend it too. She has lots of other stuff like worksheets that will help you too.

Have you tried aromatherapy, if not it's worth a go, I know alot of people who it's helped mainly because I used to sell the stuff and got loads of positive feedback from my clients.

Thread Information