Thread: desperate for a herbal remedy asap!

desperate for a herbal remedy asap!

hi all, first off i'm new here. i'll give you a brief run down of my anxiety...
    for years i've felt dizzy. i think i have an inbalance in my ear and i'm seeing a neurologist next week. but now, i'm in my third year of uni and i've developed a full blown anxiety disorder. my head is always fuzzy, i'm so dizzy i can barely walk, i've developed slight agoraphobia, i can't even go to the supermarket without feeling like something is going to happen. my vision is fuzzy and it basically feels like i'm floating in a bubble. i'm not sure if it's the anxiety or the ear problem or both making each other worse, but i've been through it all...i think i have a brain tumour. i think i have cancer. i think i'm going to die.
    hopefully, none of this is true and it's just my anxiety. BUT, i keep having panic attacks at the most inappropriate times. this friday, i have a huge presentation of my final major project, and i'm terrified i'm going to have a panic attack. of course me thinking this doesn't help, i know. but i was wondering if anyones used any successful herbal treatments? i used tesco stress relief and i'm such a hypochondriac i thought i was having a bad reaction and made myself have a panic attack.
    i'm quite sensitive to a lot of medication, i've been through many contraceptive pills because they make me feel dizzy, so i really need one that doesn't! and helps calm me down!
    sorry for the rushed frantic post!

Re: desperate for a herbal remedy asap!

Hi Missmulberry,

I know exactly how you feel - I had the same thing in my final year of university. Dizzy, panicky all the time - you truely believe you are dying from a terminal illness. I'll suggest some things for you that work for me and I'm taking currently - you can mainly get these in Holland and Barrett or certainly Ebay:

- Magnesium Biglycinate/Glycinate(called Chelated Magnesium in H&B) or Magnesium Citrate, it's important to get specifically those, NOT Oxide, glutamate or magnesium aspartate. Take three a day (150mg each). All about Magnesium : http://george-eby-research.com/html/...n-anxiety.html - dose can be increased, but start low.

- Taurine - 1000mg x 3 a day. It's important to take Taurine with the Magnesium. See this page : http://george-eby-research.com/html/...y.html#taurine - again, dosage can be increased, but start low.

- Inositol - 650mg x 6(but start at 3) a day. See Psychopoets research: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64229 - dosage can vary.

- L-Theanine - I take 200mg in the evening. Optional.

In addition to this, I also take a strong Vitamin B Complex, 1000mg Vit C, multivitamin x 1 a day and I take Omega 3 at 1000mg x 3 times a day.

Also read here : http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/remedies/

Yes, you will rattle when you walk, but, you may feel better too. Give it a few days before whacking up the doses.

Now, also get yourself a copy of Self Help For Your Nerves by Dr Claire Weekes. It works.
    Last edited by white43; 24-03-11 at 17:58.

Hi Missmulberry, until you see your doctor you won't know for sure, but it seems that you are prone to moments of high anxiety and it wouldn't surprise me if your dizziness is linked to the anxiety. Dizziness is a known symptom of anxiety.

It seems to me like the major issue facing you at the moment is health anxiety (your hypochondria) so you should seek support to deal with this. Health anxiety needs to be tackled and it is possible to improve or recover from it. You will probably find your life a lot easier if you can develop some coping strategies for the health anxiety.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

thanks for the replies i'll definitely check out those supplements and visit the doctor again!

Thread Information