Thread: 2nd Day On Sertraline...Help.

Question 2nd Day On Sertraline...Help.

Hi People,

I'm now onto my 2nd day on Sertraline and was wondering is it normal for side effects to kick in straight away, i feel extremely sick, have a really bad headache, keep losing my balance and when ever i put my head down as if i was trying to sleep, the room spins as if i was drunk!

I can't work out whether it's the side effects of the 50 mg Sert or the fact that i did a direct swap from 40mg Fluoxetine (no tapering at all).

Any comments would be greatly appreciated

Re: 2nd Day On Sertraline...Help.

Hi Madamjen
    It may well be side effects from Sertraline. I have had stomach problems and diahrroea from Sert. The first time was a few hours after taking my first tab. If its any consolation, the side effects usually lessen the longer you take the medicine for. I am nearly three weeks into the meds and not feeling as bad from the side effects as I did when I first took them. Best to try and stick with it if you can, but if you have any concerns or it becomes unbearable, see your GP.
    Tyke

An upset stomach and nausea is probably the most common side effect of Sertraline but don't worry it will gradually decrease and disappear.

Good Luck.

I am on my sixth day, i know how you feel but read the posts from the Patsa, Liz and Tyke it really helps xxx

Hi Madamjen
    I started having side effects from sertraline right from the first tablet.
    Started with nausea and dizziness which went after 3 days. I have had every side effect in the leaflet but none have lasted.
    I am nearly 6 weeks in and feel so much better. The depression has gone and the anxiety has nearly gone.
    Still get side effects sometimes such as internal tremors, dry mouth, upset stomach (although havn't had that for a few days!) and insomnia.
    They are all tolerable though as my head is no longer obsessed and worrying about them. I know what is is and just accept and get on with things.
    Hope things go well for you stay with it the first 2 weeks are tough but it is worth it!

Thanks for all your replies guys

Thread Information