Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: post acnowledment

post acnowledment

I know I have been on about this before, but would the newer people who post please answer and just say thanks if nothing ells. I find it very disheartening when I read someone in distress, or worried about a certain thing then I spent quite a time replying and trying to help that person. Sometimes I have written many replies and not one reply or acknowledgement this is very upsetting and puts us off writing to peoples post as much, meaning a genuine person who is glad of help gets missed out. I know a lot of people think the same as me and it’s nice to get a response to a post even if the poster doesn’t agree with our advice. Thanks all. Vernon

Vern I am with you on this one..

Here is the previous post you made with various comments.

acknowledge why

I have a long post about my CBT recovery with loads of tips in it but hardly anyone reads it so I get dis-heartened too.

Nicola

Hi Vernon

I agree with you too.

I always appreciate advice & support i recieve when i have posted about a subject.

Take care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
    In & Out Of Your Life
    But Only True Friends
    Will Leave Footprints
    In Your Heart

I just don't bother posting anymore....

Vern, very good point, it is just politeness to acknowledge the help that people are offering.

And people starting new threads all the time about the same problems, don't even get me started on that one :(:(:(

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

You are right to make the point again Vernon. Responding to peoples' replies is a matter of common courtesy. It takes a lot of thought and time to construct an appropriate response to a particular question and it should be rewarded at a minimum by an acknowledgement.

Nic, it's hard when you do a diary-type thread isn't it. I've had a similar experience with mine and it does make you wonder why bother. Still, I like to look at mine as part of my recovery to write it all out, regardless of whether anyone is actually interested or not! (otherwise I'd be permanently miffed!!).

Keep up the good work folks!

Eeb x

I agree with you Vern, it is nice to get a response so then at least you know that the person has read the reply that you gave to them on their thread and you know you were able to be of some help.

And Kate I agree with you too mate, it is annoying when people start up thread upon thread over a matter of a few days as it makes it hard to follow what is going on, it is best just to add to your previous thread, if it is still active.

Love

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

I agree with you vernon.
    I am fairly new to the site and the advice I have received has been great.
    It's only right that the time and thought that was put into responses should be acknowledged and I try to do that but like you I have replied to posts and been disheartened when there is no reply.

Nicola - I read your posts on your CBT and I think they are a great and because of your experiences I have re-started exposure therapy.

Hi,

I'm one of the newer people and am very grateful for any advice and replies I've been given. I do try to reply and say so, but I am sorry if I have missed anyone. Its not my intention to upset or annoy anyone, particularly when people are good enough to offer support.

Coni X

Hi Vernon,

I agree too, it doesn't take much to say thanks to a reply. Several posts I've replied too don't get any reply or thanks, I have stopped replying to many now too, partly because of this, partly that reading others posts don't help my anxiety and partly as there are so many posts to read these days, especially like Kate said, the same people keep starting posts on the same subjects day after day, instead of adding to their original ones.
    I have also had a few pm's lately from people asking me for help as they have seen I have similar symptoms to them. A few of them I haven't even had replies from after giving them long replies back. Sometimes I have spent over half an hour putting down information various therapists have taught me, giving website or book links and then you get no reply sometimes, it is disheartening, especially when the person has pm'd in a right state and you then worry are they ok etc.

Nic, I try and follow your post, I have had alot of CBT myself though so know what I should be doing. I do miss it sometimes though, as there are just too many posts to read them all these days. I'm sure it will help others with driving fears though.

Ok that's my rant over,

Lisa x

I think the problem with my post is that it is so many pages long now but I do know that quite a few people read it - so sorry if I sounded a bit "off" there. I didn't mean to.

Even a quick reply to someone saying "thanks for replying" makes a big difference and I like to think that I always acknowledge replies to my posts.

Nicola

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information