Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When did your side effect kick in?

When did your side effect kick in?

Hi all would like to pick your brain please?

I am on day two now and am starting to feel quite dizzy, sickly and light headed do they tend to ramp up from here? I wonder if its because I was really nervous in trying these ... I remember when they were first released there was a lot of bad press about them. But I think that that was in the early days of SSRI's. I have been on escitalopram before and was OK but had a real bad time on citalopram no idea why!

... forgot to mention that I feel rather "not here" too (if you know what I mean?
    Thanks
    Last edited by melaniep; 24-03-11 at 13:32. Reason: added comment

Re: When did your side effect kick in?

Hi Melanie, hope ur ok hun, my side effects kicked in on day 2 started with a headache in back of my head really weird type never had out like it b4 ! Well I'm on week 3 now and I'll b honest it's not been easy but I've got here and I'm starting to get some good days now But everyone says it takes up 2 bout 6-8 weeks 2 feel the full effect so I'm persevering ! Asking questions on here has helped loads so if ur worried bout out or just need a chat or rant it's great ! Take care hun ))) xx

Thank you Gemma, I stumbled across this site and its been very helpful good luck and thanks again for the advice glad to see what I am feeling is normal and I will certainly stick with it x

Hi im on escitalopram. But my husband is on Fluoxetine and he had only 2 days of dizziness and nausea, ( but he also takes 8 other drugs, not related to anxiety).
    He said they really calm him down and he is correct it has.
    I know its hard but stick at them, we have all had side effects, any drug you take you will get some side effect to begin with. My side effects lasted 3wks, the adrenaline surge did every morning.
    haynsey x

My side effects didnt kick in until about a week after i started and lasted about 10 days. Had every side effect possible, dizzy, feeling sick, shaking, thought my life was over. Anyone experiencing side effects really needs to be aware they may feel like this. My doc didnt tell me and i thought it was me going mad, it was all really scarey and i had become pretty desperate then finally the side effects started to subside, though the positive benefits still seem to be very slow. Good luck x

The side effects have got much much worse as you all mentioned. I am day nine today and have felt so horrifically anxious I am frightened of my own shadow and feel horribly hopeless. My concentration does not exist (and I mean at all!!), I have not slept more than a handful of hours over many days, not eaten for three days shake like a jelly and my heart beats like mad on and off in my head and my chest (if you know what I mean). I have got this far so don’t want to give up but functioning is awful :( wishing you all the best of luck and really pleased for those on the other side and have them working. I have previously been on escitalopram and had nothing like these side effects

I'm on day 10 of Fluoxetine, and I'm going through exactly the same thing as you Melaniep. I feel worse everyday but I know that we must stick with it to see the benefits...

I hope it gives you some comfort that we're at a similar stage and that you are not alone. I hope the effects subside for us soon!

Hi bukowski, thank you for your message. How are you feeling today? I changed to having my dose in the evening last night and managed to sleep 50% more than I have done for at least 10 days (I have been taking mine 1st thing in the morning). I don't know whether its co-incidental or not, I feel the best I have done so far today, still very shaky and a little dizzy but feel like hopefully I may be on the way back up the hill. The side effects have been horrific they really have and if they. I actually had something to eat for dinner and wanted to eat it rather than had to! Good luck let me know how you are getting on.

Melanie

Hi, I am on about day 6/7 and I am still feeling some of the side effects. Dizziness in particular although I seem to have something different everyday. I take mine about 8/9pm and about an hour after I am asleep and I have been sleeping really well which is a plus. I have also lost my appitite but today I managed to eat a sandwich so far which is more than yesterday! I need to up my dose now which I am nervous of doing in case the side effects get worse.

There are lots of people on here in the same position all supporting each other. I have to keep reminding myself as you should that we need to stick with it to get the benefits in the long run!

just realised this wasnt for citalopram, my effects are from citalopram however the end goal is the same that we all feel a little better

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information