Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deleting

Deleting

How do I delete my username and my whole profile? I'd like to erase myself from NMP. Thanks.

Re: Deleting

Only admin can do that.

Are you sure you want to leave? Perhaps a wee break may help.

We would sorry to see you go.

Lisa

I tried taking a break and then came back, but whenever I need help the most, my posts are never answered. It's more frustrating and is just causing more panic for me because then I think that nobody is answering because something is really wrong. So I thought it would be for the best the just delete my entire profile so I'm not tempted to try again and be disappointed again.

Nellie darlin, are you sure you're not overreacting? I've just looked through and every thread you've ever made has had at least one reply, with the last 4 posts you've made getting 5, 3, 2 and 9 replies respectively. At the end of the day, people can only answer on threads they feel comfortable answering on or have experience with, it's better that than giving you good advice. If it's not going to be best for you to continue using NMP then perhaps quitting is for the best, but it seems like when you ask for advice you're getting it..
    Big , hope you think this one through

"Change your thoughts and you change your world."
    Norman Vincent Peale.

I lied, 2 out of 34 of your threads haven't been answered, though that's a fairly high ratio that have, don't ya think?

"Change your thoughts and you change your world."
    Norman Vincent Peale.

one of which was a duplicated thread which 3 people answered!

Nellie I am sorry you have felt like people haven't helped you on here, but I have personally replied to you and you seemed happy on that thread with the replies you got... so I am a little confused. It would be a shame for you to leave but if this is making you feel worse perhaps it is best. This forum is not just about taking, if we all did that it wouldn't be the community it is.

All the best
    AP
    x

I really hope that you reconsider leaving. We've all felt as if we were somehow out of the loop. As if we don't get the replies that some others do. After dealing with anxiety for as long as I have, I've come to the conclusion that it's just another one of those tricks our brains play on us. Another 'what if'....What if I'm the only one who feels this way?? What if they don't like me or don't care?
    Neither is true but somehow it can seem SO true that we can start to isolate ourselves from everyone around us without even knowing it.
    There are loads of posts on NMP and sometimes, especially in sections of the site were there are lot of new posts every day, some don't get replies because they end up farther down the list of new posts.
    But it is an awful feeling to look at a post you took the time and energy to create and see that no one has replied. Please know tho that it isn't because the members don't care or that you aren't an important member here! NMP is like a family of sorts. A sometimes dysfunctional but always loving family.
    xxx
    Sandy
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

I was in the midst of a 3-day long panic attack just recently. I looked for help on this site and ended up deleting the thread because I never got any answers. I posted 3 times on there, saying please help and.....NOTHING. It's very frustrating, very scary and disappointing.

I always try to answer people, especially the ones that don't have many responses to their threads because I know how scary it is to be going through this and not have any responses. Spongeballz, I would say that 4 out of 5 of those replies, or 8 out of 9 replies, were ME asking for someone to please answer! I've been on this site for over a year. I mostly look for reassurance that what is happening to me is normal for anxiety and not some other sort of symptom. In the recent past, I don't get that. So this site is not serving it's purpose for me. I'd love to stay, but what's the point if I'm not getting the help that I need?

Nellie

I am sorry that you feel "This website is useless"

People can't always reply if they have no knowledge of the problem I am afraid. I sometimes don't reply to threads as I don't feel I can offer any advice and I don't really know what to say !

I wish you well with your future recovery however

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Nellie,

Sorry you feel you're not getting the help that you need. It can be frustrating at times, if you ever get really bad you can pop into chat, there's people there throughout most times of the day or night.
    I know for me, I don't read the Health Anxiety forum- or the Symptoms. I am recovering from Health Anxiety, and I feel that it's best I stay away from posts that deal with that. Intentionally ignoring posts isn't how this site is. We all help each other , when and if we can. Best of luck to you x

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information