Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deleting

Re: Deleting

Nervous Nellie obviously was seeking something that she could not achieve via NMP.

I think it is very hard sometimes when you are suffering with a mental health issue to know exactly what helps you and what doesn't. Fair play to NN if she felt it wasn't working for her being a member of NMP, she acknowledged it and decided to leave. Whether she returns at a later date or not will be up to her.

Hope all goes well for her. And thanks to NMP for being here for us when we need it!!

I have no issues with the fact that NMP does not help everyone but please remember it is a free site run by people that give their time freely to help others and then we have loads of members that take the time to reply to others in the hope that they help too.

What I do take offence to is comments like "this site is useless" just because no-one replied to a thread. If this is how you feel then leave and find another site that helps - don't post hurtful comments to me about the site I run. I am only human too and I do not need to be verbally abused !

We do find that most people just leave and come back as they want to but some like to make a big song and dance about it and have a go just to make themselves feel better in most cases.

If you don't feel that NMP helps then please just leave and not post a hurtful leaving thread that can upset loads of members that have helped you.

No-one pays any money to come on here so in that respect we do not OWE you anything but we do expect some respect at least.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Attention seeking springs to mind Nic.

It works both ways. You help others and hopefully you will receive some support in return when you need it yourself. Unfortunately some members are all 'take', and they are ungrateful with it. And I'm not talking about anyone in particular. It's just something I've noticed over the years, and not only on this website.

Agree with you totally Shoegal. Life generally has people who would never dream of doing anything for anyone else, but expect so much. Then there are those who are just the opposite. I think it always helps when we are able to see it from the other persons view and put ourselves in their shoes. Mutual respect when dealing with things that we are not happy with goes a long way to resolving these problems.

Having previously worked in customer service, I know how hard it can be when trying to keep folk happy. You can never achieve 100% as no matter what service you provide, someone will always find something they don't like. As Nicola states, this service is free and run by volunteers, if you don't like it just leave and find something for you that does help. End of story. I imagine that most of those who give their time to the admin team do so because they have had their own anxiety issues, or know of others who have and want to help people in similar positions. For the work they do I feel we should all be grateful.

For Nicola and all those on the admin team, I am sending you a virtual hug in my appreciation for all your efforts

Tyke

My personal opinion is....I joined NMP when i was so low in my life. I was an absolute wreck.

I found this site by accident and by jings, i am so damn glad i did. I joined and since then have made the most amazing friends, the support i have recieved is fantastic and on a whole, it's an amazing community to be part of.

Nicola was very poorly not too long ago and even suffered a heart attack. She could have easily thought 'stuff it' and closed NMP down but she didn't because she is a very caring person and wanted people like us to carry on getting and giving the support to fellow sufferers.

I doff my cap to Nic because without her, so many of us would be alot worse off.

Lisa
    xxx

I just want to say that there are two sides to every story, and shouldn't EVERYONE be entitled to their opinion, negative or positive? I'd have to agree with NervousNellie when she mentioned about the fact that certain people on here have "hogged" the attention a little.. and other's are almost ignored :( If I recall there was a certain man who until recently was posting too many threads to keep up with! And although people knew he was not listening to them or taking them seriously, he and they just kept on posting :( I, personally found this extremely frustrating, and it increased my anxiety :(
    I appreciate what Nicola is doing, she's a real trooper... but each to their own

There will always be people that hog the forum and demand more attention than others. We also find that generally those people do not help anyone else on here either.

If you don't get a reply to your thread then just "bump it up" again so it makes it active.

I read a lot of threads on here and think that I have nothing constructive to say so there is no point posting a reply at all. I am sure loads of others feel like that too.

I am not against negative comments but I don't think it needs to be rude or abusive that is all.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

She could of said "This site isn't the right way for me to get better"
    rather than "this site is useless".

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Yes, of course we are all entitled to our opinion and constructive criticism can be very useful, but surely Kibbutz, the amount of attention received bears some relation to what you have already put in? If you felt you had a poor response to something and tried again you would be more likely to succeed. If the person you mentioned 'hogged' the attention by his constant posting, surely that was a result of being very active on the site. I can understand your frustration if it seemed the postings were very repetitive, but the moderators would be able to step in if it was causing too many difficulties.

I just think we can all take things personally sometimes when we don't get much of a response to something, but I don't believe anything is usually meant by it. How could it be in the case of NMP when most people viewing the site know nothing about most of the folks posting on it?

Tyke

well no matter what .this site helped me learn to control my feelings ,, that cant be bad ,love to you all and your great work xxxx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information